Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor 24/2 at the beach
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Nikkor 24/2 at the beach Reply with quote

Now this is a nice lens Cool

Incoming storm...eep!

OK, this was with my Planar Laughing

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked f/2 24mm! The 2.8 Nikkor is already fantastic, and so's this one based on these samples.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
Shocked f/2 24mm! The 2.8 Nikkor is already fantastic, and so's this one based on these samples.

Both are stunning lens I guess they have no quality difference, I did try both AIS version. Great series again! I like all compositions , blue sky , clouds for ever my favorite image component.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys! I really like this lens! It's extremely sharp stopped down a bit (I think these were f11) and the colours came out nicely. I used a Cokin ND grad filter to retain the detail in the sky.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats for this lens.
Close focus @ f=2 is worth trying.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are really nice.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Beach G!
Never mind the lens Wink

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful clouds! is the Cokin ND more flexible than taking 2 exposures and process

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job with the sky. The use of the grad looks natural.

One thing that puzzles me is where are all the people??

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
beautiful clouds! is the Cokin ND more flexible than taking 2 exposures and process

Um, not sure! I'm not into all the Photoshop stuff to be honest. I've ordered a larger Cokin holder though, as my existing one vignettes with the 24mm Nikon (I had to do some cloning in the corners to remove it).

Once I've received the new holder, I will test again!

martinsmith99 wrote:
Good job with the sky. The use of the grad looks natural.

One thing that puzzles me is where are all the people??

Thanks matey. The beach is private, and I think most people were hiding from the incoming rain (10 minutes later it belted it down Laughing )

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great sceneries, Shrek!

The Nikkor 24mm in it's different incarnations, is surely a worthy lens. I used to have the pre-AI version, and although I understand it's not as good as the AIS, it was still more good than enough.

About the use of gradient filters, either digital or real, there would be a lot to say, but I don't want to hijack the thread, so I will open one in the Post Processing forum.

P.S. The Planar image is my favourite though in the series Wink

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the last one! Good set!

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots!The last one - the best Wink

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the comments Smile

I've just discovered the vignetting tool in Photoshop...and what a tool it is!!! Here's a slightly different take on one of the above shots, with saturation increased a bit more and vignetting gone with little effort!

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relaxing set of pictures - my fav n1 and with the Planar - it has nice perspective ...

Is it far from my town? Smile

Nikkor is nice piece of optics - the sky is beautiful ...

tf