Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nice catch!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Nice catch! Reply with quote

I don't know how he did it, didn't see a web anywhere close.

This was shot with Tamron SP 70-210 and cropped.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! So excellent!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive capture from both you and the spider!

The other day I saw a tiny spider trying to catch a bee that was, like, 8 times its body size. She managed to fly away but had to struggle.

What is that orange thing hanging from the bee? Confused

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These guys don't capture in webs. Usually the hide inside a flower and ambush their lunch. I have seen them in a bright green color as well. Very beautiful creatures really. The orange you see on the legs of the bee is pollen. Great pic. how much of a crop is it?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! superb capture!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full picture

another angle

I wish I had macro lens with me Sad

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I showed this to Alison who said they don't use webs - they hide and pounce. Also they change colour to match the flower they are on, so she was surprised this one was white (makes for a better photo though).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sad to see bees killed because bees are quickly disappearing and at risk of extinction Sad

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much better to see one die this way, naturally.

It must be bad for the bees, they have been on the news fairly consistent lately. They are dieing at an alarming rate.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donna: The bees dissappearing
Doctor: The bees dissappearing, the bees dissappearing, the bees dissappearing.. The bees dissappearing!!
Donna: Dont tell me the bees are aliens!?!
Doctor: No!! .... well, not all of them.

With apologies to anyone who is not a Doctor Who fan (or who is and did not see last weeks episode).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Impressive capture from both you and the spider!

The other day I saw a tiny spider trying to catch a bee that was, like, 8 times its body size. She managed to fly away but had to struggle.

What is that orange thing hanging from the bee? Confused

The orange mass in this great shot is a ball of pollen collected on the bee's legs.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lulalake wrote:
The orange mass in this great shot is a ball of pollen collected on the bee's legs.

Jules, Andy beat you to it, but it's always nice to have a second opinion. Wink

Riku, great macro shot!

Bill