Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Sony Full Frame
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: New Sony Full Frame Reply with quote

http://www.dpreview.com/

and a couple of cropped cameras as well

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmmm, tempting. Very Happy

It does not seem to have "live view" by reading its specification,
but the price is right though I do not have any Sony/Maxxum lens. Dah

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. I hope there will ever be a FF camera with Pentax K-mount. Now that the megapixel war is over, I think we are heading to a FF war.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
Nice. I hope there will ever be a FF camera with Pentax K-mount. Now that the megapixel war is over, I think we are heading to a FF war.

I wished for that for a long time. Not even a sniff that it will ever happen though, I moved to the A900 (the only FF with in-body SR, like the Pentax had) in February and haven't looked back.

Fwiw, I think this is a brilliant move by Sony, and great for all consumers. They will force Canikon to compete at a lower price point with a very highly spec'd FF camera. I think we're finally seeing that saturation point of FF sales where its possible to pump them out at consumer enticing prices. Next will be flooding the market with appropriately priced FF glass to use with it Smile

Kelly.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I agree that this should be a market driver for Canikon to respond with a lower priced "prosumer" FX format DSLR. Maybe a 5DMkIII and Nikon D800. Remember nikon uses sony cmos sensors.
2. Most of us already have FX sized lenses
Smile Smile Smile

Our thanks to Sony for pushing the envelope

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:

I am waiting for a FF from Pentax too Smile
They should made K7 with a FF frame. It would be a bomb.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mist wrote:
Spotmatic wrote:

I am waiting for a FF from Pentax too Smile
They should made K7 with a FF frame. It would be a bomb.

Yes! And please Pentax, give us also full aperture coupling with M and K series lenses...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not finished reading but here are two sites with the review for A850.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/alpha-850.shtml

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/AA850/AA850A.HTM