Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My new 5 euro lens (pre Ai 80-200/4.5)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: My new 5 euro lens (pre Ai 80-200/4.5) Reply with quote

Picked up the pre Ai 80-200/4.5 for 800 yen (5 euros) on Yahoo Auctions in Japan. It's in reasonably good condition but the zoom action is a little loose.

Here are some (fairly boring) samples. The light was a bit harsh as well.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already paid more for worse Wink

Congrats with your new acquisition Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great pictures...not boring at all
Congrats

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely series and very nice lens. Congrats for that bargain!

Last edited by ForenSeil on Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:02 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, great image quality for what must be one of the overall best performance-price ratio bargains!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats, great price and superb samples!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Congratulations, great image quality for what must be one of the overall best performance-price ratio bargains!

+1 Very Happy
Last sample is realy nice, lovely colours....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone. It seems like a decent performer. It's really heavy though.

For anyone living in Japan, I bought the lens from Kitamura Camera's Yahoo Auction page. Kitamura Camera is a national chain of camera stores that sell new and used gear. They have a dedicated auction store on Yahoo auctions. The other good thing about using Kitamura Camera is that when you win the auction, you can ask for the lens to be sent to your nearest Kitamura Camera store. This delivery method is free of charge. Then you pay for the lens when in the store after you've inspected it. My nearest store is 5 minutes on foot. The staff know my face very well Very Happy

pich900 wrote:

Last sample is realy nice, lovely colours....

That shot was taken the day after the others. I had just come home from work and the light was an extraordinary yellow. Actually the light deserved a better subject than a peg Very Happy

Last edited by Yebisu on Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yebisu wrote:

That shot was taken the day after the others. I had just come home from work and the light was an extraordinary yellow. Actually the light deserved a better subject than a peg Very Happy

may be but it doesn't matter, still a great picture and indeed incredible light Shocked
the D3000 looks also a great little cam, at least in good hands!...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
Yebisu wrote:

may be but it doesn't matter, still a great picture and indeed incredible light Shocked
the D3000 looks also a great little cam, at least in good hands!...

The D3000 is a nice camera. I wish the iso performance at 400 and 800 was a little better though. I've had it for almost 2 years so I've got used to it though. I think knowing your camera and knowing how it's going to behave in various situations is important. I've thought about upgrading to the D90 or more recently to the D5100 but I've resisted. Perhaps I'll hang on for a while until I can afford a full frame. I'd love to use my Ais lenses as intended.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great samples, and nice bokeh.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fotomachi wrote:
I already paid more for worse Wink

Congrats with your new acquisition Very Happy

Yes unfortunately so have I, great pictures for the price of a Big Mac, impressive.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your samples show the capabilities of this lens which is underrated. Mine has a loose zoom mechanismn too and i tried to fix this with an additional tape at the inner side.

Wink

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, great samples, this lens has some serious pop! Love the photo of the guy on the bike Smile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well bought! very cheap!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! I always wished they had retained the appearance of the non-AI version when they went to AI. A great lens for so little!