Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My first moon...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: My first moon... Reply with quote

I know: every photographer has this kind of picture in it collection. It's my first good (?) moon photo. Sorry for boring subject Very Happy

E-300 + Meyer-Optik Telemegor 400/5.5 (at F16), ISO 100, 1/25s, tripod:

Before resizing it was a 1600x1160 crop from full resolution image.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superb result Hubert!
to tell the truth I was expecting some fuzzy moon with the trioplan Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice!
If I can give you a suggestion, try again in a week or so, because when the moon is not full, you have more 3D in the photo, due to the angle of sun light.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio - thank you, it's an appropriate advice. If the sky will be clear next week... Smile

Poilu - I took this picture using Telemegor - it's Trioplan's BIG brother. This lens was also produced by Meyer-Optik, but it has completely different optical design. Trioplan is a triplet, Telemegor is an aplanat (4 elements in 2 groups). Of course this lens also makes glow and softness when wide open. Stopped down is pretty sharp.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one, lovely shot and nothing is boring about moontography Very Happy Very Happy its one of my favourite things to do Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Poolhall. By the way - I must borrow MTO 1000mm from my friend Smile It must be great lens for moon photography!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dzien dobry Maxim ! Do borrow it ! Ive had good results with my ZM-5A, I was really surprised how good it is -for ordinary shots too not just moon, would love to see the 1000mm. Btw what part of Poland are you from? Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poolhall wrote:
Dzien dobry...
It was so nice, thank you Smile
I absolutely must borrow this toy (MTO 1000mm) from my friend. This lens looks as if was difficult in the use and heavy, but in fact it's shorter and not heavier than my Telemegor Smile Of course, solid tripod is needed!
Talking about my place of abode - I live in Wielkopolska (which means "Great Poland"), in the west part of our country.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice place to live Hubert and some super photos in your gallery Very Happy There is some beautiful scenery in Poland, one of my favourite places to visit Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice moonshot, Maxim!
Congrats.

Jes.