Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My fathers collection.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:00 am    Post subject: My fathers collection. Reply with quote

I was digging around in my fathers basement, and found these 4 little gems.

A Petri One Point Nine in immaculate condition.

Kodak Retina IIa in decent shape.

Kodak Retina Automatic III

Minolta A

And the Minolta had a little leather box on the strap with this inside !!

Of the 4, I think I like the Petri the best, but I want to shoot a roll of film the the Retina IIa also. The Minolta feels kid of cheap compared to the other three to me. But as far as i know, it may be a nice little camera !!

Here are all 4 together

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good when you find these at home rather than paying for it, isn't it?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A cute set of cameras! I'll just say that the Retina IIa that I got the other day for $5 since has become my favorite pocket camera. I love how compact it is when the lens is folded in, so that I can slip it in one of the compartments of my Crumpler 5 Million Dollar bag, while the other two are occupied by my K20D w/lens and a spare lens. It hardly makes a sound when snapping a shot, and the rangefinder is fairly easy to use, although I find myself doing more hyperfocal shooting with this. Congrats on your find!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the responses. I am anxious to take the Retina and Petri out. The Petri is already loaded with film, and I plan on taking it out today, and testing it out...Might have to load a roll in the Retina too Very Happy

Ok, I took the old Petri out today, and here are a few shots !! I have a question about rangefinders. Is the Viewfinder "true" to the image? I noticed on a lot of my shots today, that things I saw in the viewfinder when composing the shots, were not on the prints. mainly things on top, such as with the white house here, notice the top of the chimney is cut off, and I am certain it wasn't when I took the shot.

Film was Kodak Gold 200, processed and scanned at a local Target store.