Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My beloved Konicas
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eugen Mezei wrote:
Ian,
what most interest me is how that switch single/burst mode works in practice. (That must work without lightmeter too, I think.)

Eugen

Well I haven't used my FT1 in continual burst but have a Canon T90 and T70 but what I haven't tried and it would be interesting is:- to pan while in a continuous burst from subjects bright to dark and see if the neg was correctly exposed.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And soon you´ll have a Konica collection like this:

http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20102/2009_3577745228_fc7f82702e_b_1.jpg Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F*&^ing hell, who's collection is that?

I wonder how many of those cameras have working meters, none of the 5 Konica bodies I've had so far had a meter that worked properly.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
F*&^ing hell, who's collection is that?

The owner is Mike Michaelski. http://www.flickr.com/photos/65693717@N00/3577745228/

I borrowed the pic from an old thread on this forum, though.
http://forum.mflenses.com/soligor-500mm-f5-6-t25504.html

Quote:
I wonder how many of those cameras have working meters, none of the 5 Konica bodies I've had so far had a meter that worked properly.

Maybe the red-tagged ones have a working meter? Cool

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aah, yes, maybe the tags do denote that. Konica bodies are quite cheap, I will find some working ones one day, I have my eye on an Autoreflex Tc and a FC-1. I love my FT-1, such a shame meter is innacurate by a few stops.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just two quick questions, not worth opening a new thread:
- Which SCA flash shoe would fit the Konicas?
- Does any of my (TC, FS-1, FP-1) have TTL flashing capabilites?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, sorry Eugen, flash is an area I have yet to explore.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eugen Mezei wrote:
Just two quick questions, not worth opening a new thread:
- Which SCA flash shoe would fit the Konicas?
- Does any of my (TC, FS-1, FP-1) have TTL flashing capabilites?

Erm I have the TC and FT1 manuals and no mention of TTL flash ability (my Canon T90 has it)... anyway be careful what flash gun you attached to electronic cameras as you could burn the circuit with too high trigger voltage with old flash guns designed for mechanical cameras. On my TC I use a very old Nissin flash gun that measure the light it thinks the film needs for correct exposure and this works very well, and the trigger voltage is about 8v.
I've only the mickey mouse Konica X24 flashgun and yet this is advertised(with the X36) in the manual for Konica's best/latest cameral Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see some enthusiasm for konica AR. I was surprised to read about the wonky meters... sort of accepted fact about the old konicas. I have 2 T3s and 2 TCs, and my first TC meters fine, and so does my first T3. Come to think of it, the second T3 may be underexposing but I have only put one film thru it, at twilight on a windy day in Scotland, shooting 21mm f4. Need to run another roll.

Sad thing is that I'm more focused on the contax/yashica range now, buying a few yashica ml lenses and couple of zeiss. But I love the the AR 21mm and the 135mm 3.2. Mated to a t3, shooting is a joy. Might not buy any more AR lenses. I got a yashica 24mm for £60 but can't find a decently priced AR 24mm.