Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Multi-Coated TAIR-3S 4.5/300
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Multi-Coated TAIR-3S 4.5/300 Reply with quote

hello everyone!
its my first post on this forum and i wanted to share some pictures by the MC TAIR 3S i bought a few days ago, as i didnt find any info on it here.
i hope to post more pics when iull have the chance to really use this lens.

shot on canon 550D + mc tair 3s
f/4.5

f/22

f/??

f/4.5

it took those very quickly today as i was carrying the lens around in my bag Razz
i think sharpness is excelent note the hand in the button left corner of the last pic
CA are heavily present on reflections when open,
i think the lens needs alittle more testing.
what do you think??

Last edited by Smoli4 on Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did one of my "testing my lenses" with this lens, although an earlier gray version

http://forum.mflenses.com/testing-my-lenses-part-45-tair-3-phs-300mm-4-5-t39189,highlight,%2Btesting+%2Blenses.html

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the non photosniper version, which I really should use more because it's obviously a very good lens.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a photosniper version labelled 3-PhS. I only got it last week and bought it because of all the good results being posted here. I am very impressed with it. I would post my results if I were not a victim of the current uploading problem. Grrrr.

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
I have the non photosniper version, which I really should use more because it's obviously a very good lens.

You really should mate, I have the 3C and it's an awesome lens imho.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the moment it's on a tripod in the dining room aimed at an old stone sink with a stone in it that we've got out the front that the birds bath in, the blackbirds are very fond of it and great fun to watch, so I thought I'd set it and all I have to do is dash in, throw the Pentax on the back and fire away.

So far.......

Pigeon. by Mudplugga, on Flickr

a bloody pigeon...... Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad shot at all, what sort of pigeon is that? The ones we have here are different, grey/blue colour.

I had my Tair out today, shot some Fuji Superia 400 film with it, also shot with my Ross 8.5inch which works out at 324mm on my EOS 10D, I'd say the two are about equal in sharpness but the Tair has better contrast.

Still can't upload pics or I'd show you samples, the Tair always impresses imho.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's literally the first time I ever saw a multicoated version of this lens! Must be one of the later batches, and quite a rarity.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was surprised they were even still making these lenses as late as 1990!

Mine is from 83, it has a purple colour same as my Helios-44s have, contrast is excellent so the coatings must be good, an MC version should be even better. Apart from the black focussing knob and the MC letters it looks the same as mine.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Not a bad shot at all, what sort of pigeon is that? The ones we have here are different, grey/blue colour.

I didn't know there were different wild pigeons, but I do know the bloody thing sits in the fir tree above my car and craps all over it!
It's going to a dead pigeon before much longer.........

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leave it for three days after it's dead, then pluck the breast and take the breast meat out (with the skin on). Throw the rest away. Lightly fry the breast meat in olive oil and garlic; serve on toast. Yummy!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alongside the Tair300, sits a very powerful .22 air rifle................. Wink

I like the panfried breast idea, that appeals to me.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mine is from 83, it has a purple colour same as my Helios-44s have, contrast is excellent so the coatings must be good, an MC version should be even better. Apart from the black focussing knob and the MC letters it looks the same as mine.

that kind of purple reminds me of the JUPITER 37\A here a shot of it
it has a purple and a yellow coatings.

and now for some shots i took today in the city

all where shot wide open, my feeling from this lens is that its a brilliant lens especially if used @ f 5.6 - 8

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
Alongside the Tair300, sits a very powerful .22 air rifle................. Wink

I like the panfried breast idea, that appeals to me.

Take its picture first, then dinner !!!!!!