Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

More yashica 50/1.4 ML
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: More yashica 50/1.4 ML Reply with quote

Thanks to all

Last edited by francotirador on Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#4 for me.
All beautiful, anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First and last to me, great work!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aanything wrote:
#4 for me.
All beautiful, anyway.

+1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
Aanything wrote:
#4 for me.
All beautiful, anyway.

+1

+2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

I wanted to say +1 for me. and then I went through the posts in this thread and saw that its what everyone is saying.

but nonetheless I really like first one and last one.

btw a hot model indeed.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the eye contact in 3, and the pose in 4.
Nice series.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2 for me, I like the erotic energy of the pose and the vertical composition which echoes the buildings.
If possible, however, I would make her left eye more visible (maybe by cloning over it the same eye taken from one of the other photos)
and also I would crop part of the rightmost building out, leaving only the balconies visible (and straighten it a bit).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the series.

If I were to pick a couple I would say first number 3, then number 2

number 3, the vulnerability in the shot is perfect and the foreground isn't as distracting as some of the others

number 2, classic pose and as orio mentioned erotic without being over the top.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the girl and her costume, but I must say the buildings are a distraction for me. It might have been better to use a longer lens and shallower focus, or perhaps a solid-toned wall.

For my photography I am fond of using long lenses and large apertures to give a very shallow depth of field.

With 'normal' lens it is hard to do this. Normal lenses are good for snapshots but for glamour & portrait work, a longer faster lens is desirable.

Though this is not a glamour photo, you will get the idea (Taken with 180mm lens at about f/4-f/5.6):

Last edited by Oreste on Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:07 pm; edited 5 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oreste wrote:
I like the girl and her costume, but I must say the buildings are a distraction for me. It might have been better to use a longer lens and shallower focus, or perhaps a solid-toned wall.

Same here. Background is too sharp for my taste.

Cant really decide which is better. All look nice otherwise.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oreste wrote:

For my photography I am fond of using long lenses and large apertures to give a very shallow depth of field.

With 'normal' lens it is hard to do this. Normal lenses are good for snapshots but for glamour & portrait work, a longer faster lens is desirable.

Though this is not a glamour photo, you will get the idea (Taken with 180mm lens at about f/4-f/5.6):

Last edited by francotirador on Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 and #2 for me.

I really like the background like this, the OOF background is not suitable for every kind of shot and also, here the buildings add something to the shot IMHO.

Great work with a beautiful lens!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

francotirador:

I'm just saying I would have preferred either a plain background or a blurry one. The model has dark hair and a dark costume that blends into the background. (In a colour photograph this is not so much of a problem.) It is hard to divide one's attention in a photograph. Personally speaking I like to concentrate attention on one plane (especially in B&W). With a dark-haired and dark-costumed model, a lighter plain background would be my preference. In B&W photography one must pay more attention to the problem of separation of tonal values. As I mentioned before, it is hard to do this sort of work with a normal lens.

The model is a spectacular specimen of beauty!

Oreste

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#4 for me

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oreste wrote:
francotirador:

I'm just saying I would have preferred either a plain background or a blurry one. The model has dark hair and a dark costume that blends into the background. (In a colour photograph this is not so much of a problem.) It is hard to divide one's attention in a photograph. Personally speaking I like to concentrate attention on one plane (especially in B&W). With a dark-haired and dark-costumed model, a lighter plain background would be my preference. In B&W photography one must pay more attention to the problem of separation of tonal values. As I mentioned before, it is hard to do this sort of work with a normal lens.

The model is a spectacular specimen of beauty!

Oreste

No, it is not difficult to do this with a normal lens. This I did with a Rokkor 58/1.2 at 5.6.
And do not tell me how to do my job if I did not ask.
Thank you.

Please, double click to see in High quality

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are much closer here, with a wider aperture, in colour. Excellent shot!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oreste wrote:
You are much closer here, with a wide aperture. Excellent shot!

Then you will see that the photo B & W, I did thus., that's what I wanted.
Too bad Helmut Newton died. You could transmit your tips.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, guys, calm down.

francotirador wrote:

Actually, you did.

francotirador wrote:
I need to choose the best, help me to select.

If you publish photos here and ask for other members' opinion, you need to accept some ideas and suggestions that you perhaps do not like to hear.

I don't think that Oreste wanted to attack you in any form, he just had some thoughts about your shots and told them to you.
A relaxed reaction would have been more appropriate, even though we all know that we do not like to read critisism about our images.

I think your photos show a creative mind and a vast experience. You don't need to be "petty-bourgeois" about criticism. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Hey, guys, calm down.

francotirador wrote:

Actually, you did.

francotirador wrote:

If you publish photos here and ask for other members' opinion, you need to accept some ideas and suggestions that you perhaps do not like to hear.

I don't think that Oreste wanted to attack you in any form, he just had some thoughts about your shots and told them to you.
A relaxed reaction would have been more appropriate, even though we all know that we do not like to read critisism about our images.

I think your photos show a creative mind and a vast experience. You don't need to be "petty-bourgeois" about criticism. Wink

Tell others how to do things is inappropriate. Was the first thing I learned in film school. Sorry but it is not acceptable to me. Respect to all.
And my irony happens after three measured responses.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

francotirador wrote:
LucisPictor wrote:
Hey, guys, calm down.

francotirador wrote:

Actually, you did.

francotirador wrote:

Tell others how to do things is inappropriate. Was the first thing I learned in film school. Sorry but it is not acceptable to me. Respect to all.
And my irony happens after three measured responses.

I merely stated my preferences in response to your request for comments. In this case, a sharp busy background competes with the model in the foreground because of the similarity of tones in B&W. (B&W, lacking colour contrast, requires more care in separating planes and avoiding visual clutter.) I do not think that in any way making such a comment as this shows 'disrespect'. It so happens that I do have a lot of experience in photography (going back almost 50 years) so any comments I may make are informed and educated ones. Had I meant to be disrespectful, you certainly would have known. Your over-reaction is entirely inappropriate. You should have learned how to take constructive criticism by now. A lot of photographers tend to include too much in their photographs, making them cluttered. Normal lenses tend to be less desirable than longer lenses for the very reason that they make it far too easy to include too much. It is actually more difficult to make an outstanding image with a normal lens than with a longer one.

Last edited by Oreste on Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:39 am; edited 5 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

+1

in #2 and #4, right buildings distorsion are too much distracting.
Else, they're great too.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I like them all, first and last maybe a bit above the others. I like the background and I also think that if a plain background is preferred then they might as well have been shot in a studio. With the high rise buildings in the background it makes me think that there may be a James Stewart type in a wheelchair observing the proceedings from across the way. Great shooting francotirador!