Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mir 24-n
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And pretty sharp, too.

My attempt of catography... Mir-24N at f/2.8, D200, ISO 400

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gurdie - beautiful shot!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is the filter size for the mir-24n?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'v got one and decided to sell my Leica Summicron-R 2/35.
Don't need to say more...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still want one, what is a reasonable price for it these days?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a question because of the often mentioned colors of a lens:
Since this pictures were taken digitally and processed with software, how can you tell that the vibrant color rendition is made by the lens itself and not by digital processing?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm looking for a hood to be used with the Mir-24N on m4/3. I thinking about using this long hood but I'm afraid it might be too long. Should I go with the shorter one? any thought?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bogolisk wrote:
Hi,

I'm looking for a hood to be used with the Mir-24N on m4/3. I thinking about using this long hood but I'm afraid it might be too long. Should I go with the shorter one? any thought?

The second one, definitely.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agent_cooper wrote:
Since this pictures were taken digitally and processed with software, how can you tell that the vibrant color rendition is made by the lens itself and not by digital processing?

Take another lens shoot with them at same time and process them on same way, if there is difference , difference come from lens itself.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
agent_cooper wrote:

Take another lens shoot with them at same time and process them on same way, if there is difference , difference come from lens itself.

yes, thats would show the truth. But I do not expect major differences in color, but more in sharpness, flare, bokeh, CA and so on

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agent_cooper wrote:
Attila wrote:
agent_cooper wrote:

yes, thats would show the truth. But I do not expect major differences in color, but more in sharpness, flare, bokeh, CA and so on

I never used this lens, but for example Komura 135mm, or Hanimex 200 have significantly different color than most other lenses , quiet visible and on positive side. Many other lens has also visible different color rendering than others and most old lenses have nice color rendering to me than budget AF lenses. This was my experience with them.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
agent_cooper wrote:
Attila wrote:
agent_cooper wrote:

I never used this lens, but for example Komura 135mm, or Hanimex 200 have significantly different color than most other lenses , quiet visible and on positive side. Many other lens has also visible different color rendering than others and most old lenses have nice color rendering to me than budget AF lenses. This was my experience with them.

I agree with you, there are some differences in color. I have tested all my lenses shooting the same object ( a pile of books) under same circumstances and processed them in lightroom in the same way. I have experienced lenses, that were bluer, warmer and greener. But that was more like an overall tint and not that there was a certain specific saturation of a specific color.
My thesis: With digital processing the color can easily be manipulated. So the color rendition of a lens is a bigger issue when shooting analog.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digital processing can change a lot of things right, I think better to test lenses on sunny days where light is almost ideal. I see more difference than in a room. Even with best of my digital processing technics a crappy lens never reach good ones. Lens quality is still important, but also true , a creative photographer on good subjects can produce better pictures with cheapest lenses than many others with $$$ top gears.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agent_cooper wrote:

My thesis: With digital processing the color can easily be manipulated.

That's of course right, but that's not the way we work here if we want to present and talk about the character of a certain lens. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agent_cooper wrote:
My thesis: With digital processing the color can easily be manipulated.

I'm not sure, maybe I'm not so advanced in digital PP, but I never get comparable results to Leicas or Zeisses or Cosina from lenses with poor coating.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize this thread is rather old but a question regarding MIR 24N:

Is the focus OK with aperture 2? I got mine MIR just yesterday and I need to step down to f4 to have a nice sharpness in the centre of the frame. This is for infinity focus. Haven't checked the closer focus yet.