Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mir 1 37A with preset pin on ring
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Mir 1 37A with preset pin on ring Reply with quote

Hi everybody!

I have found here a Mir 1 (apparently from '73 (serial start with 73) but called Mir 1 37A in M42. I first thought that it was for Automat camera, but M42 mount make me think it's not.
There is also other marks on it, like something with ISO/Gost with some letter (sorry, I don't remember what was written exactly).
And finaly, the preset is done with a "pin" (large pin, like a button). You press the pin and move the ring to the wished apperture. Externaly, the look is quite different than normal Mir 1, but glass are the same.
I made a search on ebay completed list, I didn't find such lens.

Any idea about this item? (what was it for? is it rare?) Here is how it looks :

From http://www.photohistory.ru/1207248187959276.html (text doesn't tell anything about this model)

Last edited by BurstMox on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:30 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a manufacturer logo?

http://www.commiecameras.com/sov/index.htm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Zagorsk logo

Here is the lens (from the same site, I didn't see it before) :

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it: http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=24177

and samples: http://forum.mflenses.com/amongst-the-flowers-mir-1a-sony-a850-t39342,highlight,%2Bmir+%2Bflowers.html

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for the info! That's what I needed Smile

So, in some days, I would be able to add some samples Smile

Reguards,

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I bought it. Smile (for 70 euros, I think it's a fair price).

It's in very good condition, opticaly and cosmeticaly.

As you said in other topik, it looks that it has double diaphragme. I will test it in next days (maybe today... I can't wait to give it a try....)

Reguards,

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that you got the lens at a reasonable price,especially compared to this one: Click here to see on Ebay Rolling Eyes

Btw,I have it too. Actually it`s my only lens at this moment. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I don't really think $150 is worth an eye roll. It's a pretty uncommon lens. It was only made for 2 years so production numbers can't be huge. Mine out performed a zebra flektogon and people pay plenty for that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so why the double iris ? Question

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
so why the double iris ? Question

To make it rounder for better bokeh? Surprised

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not truly intend to start the rumor that it has a double set of aperture blades. It's totally unconfirmed and I don't plan on taking apart my lens to find out. It REALLY does look like it though and I've stared at it opening and closing for a long while before. It could be some type of optical illusion. The blades might have a zigzag shape and go under and out again. I still can't explain what looks like space between them though. Whatever it is, it's absolutely unique to the Mir 1A. ALL the Mir 1s, 1B(V)s, 1Ws have the same 10 bladed aperture. The Mir 1 automats for kiev 10/15 have a typical six bladed one.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:
To be honest I don't really think $150 is worth an eye roll. It's a pretty uncommon lens. It was only made for 2 years so production numbers can't be huge. Mine out performed a zebra flektogon and people pay plenty for that.

We'll have to wait to see the winning bid, that tells us lot more than start
price.

Mine is a good copy and I agree the performance.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some sample photos taken with this lens (no PP exepted auto contrast) :

Also, for the double iris question, here is a video of the aperture motion, so you can make your own opinion :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6j6QX_wfXw&feature=youtu.be

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the video that has to be two layers of blades. Whatever, it produces some fine images. Very good indeed.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting collector's item, and obviously a fine shooter as well.

I guess it focuses quite close?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I guess it focuses quite close?

Yes, my Mir 1V can focus at minimum 70cm, whereas the 1 37A can focus quite close (I think around 15cm).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has a 0.24m MFD. 15cm is reserved to the zebra flektogon, if I'm not mistaken.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, it's what I read on the barel, but it looked closer in my eye, so you're certainly right Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

мир-1а is a very rare lens, i've never seen it.

it's sharper - 50/29mm.
it can focus at 0,24m in compare to 0,7m of a 1В.
it has double matte black aperture blades (unique).
its case is matted black inside.
it was made for export, so we didn't have them here and now it's rare.
it's marked by soviet union quality sign, the only one of mir-1 series.
it's has a different aperture shape - "sun rays" type.

it was manufactured at the ЗОЗМ factory during years 72-73, unlike ВОЗМ (1В, where В stands for Вологодский).

if i could buy it, i would Smile:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tested it today on my 5D, it has strong vignetting Shocked . I tested normal Mir 1V, no vignetting, so looks like only this version doesn't cover the 24x36 sensor. Maybe it would mean that it's a version made for half frame camera?

That's strange, especialy because themoleman342 (Marc) showed some sample here without vignetting :

http://forum.mflenses.com/interesting-mir-varient-mir-1-2-8-37a-samples-t24177,highlight,%2Bmir+%2B1+%2B37a.html

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's really weird. I've only used it on FF cameras (film and a Sony a850) and its coverage is fine.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'm stupid, I forget that on FF, it's wider... and I had on it my hood Laughing (I always used it with this lens, on my Nex). So, no vignetting, that was just the hood Embarassed .

It's ok now Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurstMox wrote:
Ok, I'm stupid, I forget that on FF, it's wider... and I had on it my hood Laughing (I always used it with this lens, on my Nex). So, no vignetting, that was just the hood Embarassed .

It's ok now Rolling Eyes

Laughing Easy to overlook Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of shots with this lens on my Nex 3.

#4 #5 and #6 in hard light situation

no pp

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sharpenedbamboo wrote:
I just bought this lens yesterday, and the pictures coming out of it is beautiful. Although I have one concern.

My aperture ring seems not to open fully. I am not sure if this is by design or my copy is defective in that way. I attach a picture of the blades with the ring at f2.8 (fully open)

Does anyone still have this lens and let me know how it looks fully open?

I'm really scratching my head for an answer as this is a rare lens. So I'm cross posting my question from the other thread here. Hopefullyn someone can answer.. thank you