Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta Autocord
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, subject matter is VERY important, she'd look good in a photo from
Tichy's camera. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what grain? Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don´pt know why the TLR that had a planar design lens was thw rolleiflex. The other AFAIK, had the tessar lens.

Somebody knows any TLR with planar lens type?

Rino.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:

Probably the most famous of all TLRs, the Rollieflexes with the Zeiss 2.8 lenses. Most if not all were Planars.

Rolleiflexes also came with 2.8 Schneider lenses. Many folks, me included, consider the Schneider 2.8 Xenotars to be just as good.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
estudleon wrote:

Probably the most famous of all TLRs, the Rollieflexes with the Zeiss 2.8 lenses. Most if not all were Planars.

Rolleiflexes also came with 2.8 Schneider lenses. Many folks, me included, consider the Schneider 2.8 Xenotars to be just as good.

Yes, and the planart 3,5 Rollei had the famous to be more sharp. Only Rollei, not another brand did put the planar design lens in the TLR. Why?

Cost question? Sure.

Rino

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is mine: Autocord, Flexaret, and Flexo all use the same focusing method.
Very old photo, now have Sawyer Mark IV too. The most right hand one is
a miniature Rollei but it can shoot with minox type film thou. FLEXO was made by Enna, but
it is not a good one. And Rolleiflex MX with tessar too.

I like the way Autocord renders images, but mine is unfuctional now. I have to ask a professional
to fix it and Rollei 2.8F which has a sticky shutter too. As a camera 2.8F is much sexier than 3.5F.

Last edited by koji on Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What nice collection!!! That Rolleiflexes

And the autocord with his impossible to fix knob to focus.

Rino.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The most right hand one is
a miniature Rollei but it can shoot with minox type film thou.

Koji, you are my hero! I saw one of these in the B&H used department a few years ago, got to play with it a bit... and haven't really seen anything about it since. You've restored my faith in my own sanity Smile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good question. It's especially curious when considering Zeiss's TLRs. As far as I've been able to determine, except for the Contaflex (which had a Sonnar), the only lenses available for the Ikoflexes were the 3.5 Novars and Tessars.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voigtlander would stick a Heliar on some of its TLRs

Here's someone's flicr pics with a Brilliant/Heliar:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gort/sets/72157625782089885/detail/

and here's someone else's Brilliant/heliar, this set shows the camera too:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandeha/sets/72157621964832460/with/3542966693/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

koji wrote:

As a camera 2.8F is much sexier than 3.5F.

Yep, but it's also a LOT more expensive. You have a few of my favorites! The Super Ikonta, and the MX Rolleiflex with the Tessar, and of course the 2.8F.

I owned a late Super Ikonta with the coated lens and Syncrho Compur shutter years ago, and like an idiot, I sold it. Probably the nicest folder I've ever owned. About six years ago, I sold my MX Rollei with the Tessar, once again in another moment of weakness. I've never owned a 2.8F, but I have owned a 2.8D with the Xenotar, and that was a special camera. It was inventory, though, so it went as well.
Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:

and here's someone else's Brilliant/heliar, this set shows the camera too:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandeha/sets/72157621964832460/with/3542966693/

Sandeha Lynch also makes bellows for old folders, tew:

http://www.sandehalynch.com/isolette.htm

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got around to re-covering the Autocord.

minolta autocord, re-leathered by Nesster, on Flickr

I hit a little hitch in that the local CVS pharmacies don't carry Purell - and the 'wet method' of attaching new leather is to paint on some regular, pure, Purell in order that the glue on the leather isn't so sticky and you can get it on straight. The only hand sanitizers I could find all had additives in them. But a little thought brought the idea that it is the alcohol in Purell that is the key ingredient. How about vodka from the freezer? Sure enough this worked, and there was the bonus of drinking the rest of the half shot after I was done with the camera Very Happy

Now that it is properly clothed I take the Autocord to work.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks totally like a Rollei copy, but a beautiful copy indeed!

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Looks totally like a Rollei copy, but a beautiful copy indeed!

Autocords are very good cameras. Very sharp glass. They differ from Rolleicords in that they have a focusing lever. These sometimes get stiff and break but every one I owned was fine.

I wish I still had mine but am happy with my Rollei 2.8C.

Nestor, great job! Looks beautiful. I have some vodka. This means I need an Autocord and camera leather- then I can party!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an Autocord on my desk to try it out and sell after among to my friend. Working one , but lupe, skin and top modfied by an idiot...
so hard to judge he should return it to seller or keep it. I have Carl Zeiss Tessar and Opton Tessar TLR cameras already, Opton Tessar Ikoflex made me same impression as Rolleiflex 2.8F , how about Autocord vs top ones?