Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Miniatures in Lyon (Olympus Pen)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Miniatures in Lyon (Olympus Pen) Reply with quote

From a visit to one of the world's best miniature-builders in Lyon. All designs are in doll-house size and are copies of "real" locations, which was photographed and measured 100% before being built in miniature.

My daughter attended a workshop which gave me the opportunity to walk around and take a few pictures.

Olympus Pen E-P1 and 14-42

First, just to illustrate the size.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked
Amazing!
All of them... but especially the museum and the second theatre! Shocked

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! looks like a miniature film set

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incredible miniatures!
are all the scene distorted or it is just your lens

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all for commenting this series.

I don´t find them distorted, but they are all high iso pictures (800-1600), very low shutter (1/8-1/30) handheld and behind glass.

If they are distorted I would really appreciate if someone could explain what distorted means, just to make sure we are taking about the same.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lahnet wrote:
If they are distorted I would really appreciate if someone could explain what distorted means, just to make sure we are taking about the same

the 2 windows should have the same size, but one seems smaller & slanted, don't you see all the curved walls

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the explain. I can see what you mean and you do have a point, but I think it also is because of the angel a am shooting in (well maybe:-) ).

Anyway if thats it, I can live with it.... Wink

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, barrel distortion is impossible to avoid in superwide angle zooms, even in expensive ones, let alone in a kit lens...
Barrel distortion (together with weak corners) is the main reason why I sold the Sigma 10-20, which I used to own time ago.
But of course if one does not have high quality expectation, such compact lenses are friendly small travel mates.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, the detailling in the models are amazing Shocked Cool

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Cool I just love the images ,thanks for taking time to show them,truly they are little masterpieces!
Did the makers say how long it took to build each one of these scenes?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again thanks.

I have no idea about the amount of time, but I do know that all is handcrafted down to the tiniest detail.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like an interesting place to visit and take photos.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Miniatures in Lyon (Olympus Pen) Reply with quote

lahnet wrote:

Is the scene from the movie "Night at the Museum"?? Rolling Eyes