Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

[MF] One month in México (manual focus pics)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, all great pictures, great series, the brick factory is a fascinating subject and the blue hour surfer is magic.
Lenses... what to say more about them that we haven't said already?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! so many great pics, what a holiday!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Easter Vilhelm! Great series and a very pretty bride!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Klaus! Yes, a very pretty bride indeed.

Still have too many photos to archive but here's a quick few more

CV 180/4 APO-Lanthar

CZ 85/1.4 ZF

CZ 85/1.4 ZF (long exposure at f/8 + fill-in flash)

Those of you who have befriended me on Facebook can go to my photos and check out individual, non-photoshopped sets from Nayarit, Jalisco & Guanajuato (visible to friends only).

The travel covered Puerto Vallarta, Sayulita, San Blas, Zacualpan, Tequila, Guadalajara, San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato and more - I will add more once the 5 500 photos have been archived and filtered through my crap/save filter Very Happy

I also have an exhibition coming up in May 2010 here in Helsinki, more news about that later.

Last edited by Esox lucius on Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:18 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More surf shots, all with Voigtländer 180/4 APO-Lanthar (EXIF tags are wrong, forgot to change lens from the D3 menu)

Father and son surfing the same wave

If you thought only youngsters surf then you should have seen the number of stylish gentlemen on the waves

One of the local Sayulita boys, I saw parents take out their 18 month kids on a longboard... so they learn to surf at the same time as walk which also shows in their skills once they grow older.

One more of the crazy dog (CV 180/4)

I clipped the red channel slightly on this one. I swear there is no increase of saturation in post-processing, in fact I reduced color and contrast (originally shot in Vivid mode, pp:d to Standard color mode).
Carl Zeiss Planar 85/1.4 ZF

Sunset at Barrio la Concepcion, Valle de Banderas, Nayarit
Carl Zeiss Planar 85/1.4 ZF

Sorry, I couldn't resist... I carried the Macro APO-Lanthar with me for 10 807 kilometers (and back) from Helsinki to Nayarit, Mexico. That equals 6715 miles or 5835 nautical miles one way and YES I HAD TO TAKE A BEER SHOT WITH IT Very Happy

Voigtländer 125/2.5 Macro APO-Lanthar

large size available at http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/mfl_club_members/esoxlucius/mexico/_ND35033.jpg.html

Lenses are made for using, and beer shot on the beach is way better use than having it collect dust on a collector's shelf.

View of the city of Guanajuato, considerable distance to subject
Voigtländer 180/4 APO-Lanthar at f/5.6

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three more from San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato.

Voigtländer 180/4 APO-Lanthar @ f/5.6 1/1000s ISO 200

Voigtländer 180/4 APO-Lanthar @ f/8 1/800s ISO 200

Voigtländer 180/4 APO-Lanthar @ f/8 1/1250s ISO 200

Yes, I love this lens. Outstanding traveller's choice due to size and reach. Optical quality and handling of the lens is also ideal.