Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MF Lens kit? Choosing between 3 135mm 2.8's
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine's not as pretty as Kryss's, but I gotta say that my Vivitar 135 CF is also my favorite. It really is a very sharp lens with great contrast.

But since you're asking about lenses you already own, it seems pretty inescapable to me. You're gonna have to do a lens test. No getting around it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sincerely hope so - talk about a "blue spot" problem caused by reflections from the flat bottom element on the sensor got me worried a bit. But the matching adapter is included, and if all else fails i'll use it only in cloudy and rainy whether.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Olympus 135/2.8 is an ernostar design....I have a soft spot for that kind of lens...if you take portraits, it's a winner:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can vouch for the Tamron 2.5/135 (03B). This is an Adaptall version and I have used this extensively with my K10D. I have found this one to be an exceptional lens. I will try to dig out some photos tonight to see if can post a few.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The choice did fall upon the Tamron 03B. Just received mine: it condition, including Nikon adapter. Tomorrow it is in for a stroll...