Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MF Lens for Sony A6000
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ilovelens wrote:
Lenses i already have is all E mount which are: 19 & 30 Sigma, 35 f1.8 , 2 kit lenses 18-55 and 16-50 Just in case if you guys can tell me based on my lenses which ones i need.

In that case I would find a Kiron 28/2 for about 120USD and a Canon FD 55/1.2 for about 120USD (for portraits)

These are alot faster than you current 30 and your zooms at 50. You are at 1.5x 50 so 55 is very good portrait and cheapest superspeed, but still quite good.

But also you might get a 24/2.8 SLR lens..many are decent and cheap, because 28 is close to your 30. The nikon, canon, OM, and other 24/2.8 are good.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an a6000 as well and my favorite lenses that could be used for your purpose and should fall into your budget are the macro canon fd 50mm f3,5, nikkor 105mm f2,5, hexanon 24mm f2,8 or a tomioka made 55mm f1,4. Those lenses are all such a good pair with this camera.
Looking at your e mount lenses I would probably go for a 50/55mm or a 100/105mm first. You've got the wide angle part covered. And as already mentioned before, there are not too many good mf wide angles available for your budget (i don't think 28mm is wide angle on a crop camera, I find this a bit of an awkward focal length personally). If I need wide angle I always use my 16-50 kitlens.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A valid alternative for landscapes is the Tamron Adaptall 17 3.5, really sharp and wide enough for an aps-c

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have been getting some recommendations for great lens alternatives. I won't gainsay any of them. Some of them are over your stated price range and others, while good lenses, might take a bit more manual focus experience to use successfully, i.e. not necessarily good starting lenses.

I would recommend a pair of Konica lenses, the 50/1.7 and the 28/2.8. They are good quality lenses that manual focus easily on the A6000. The two lenses together should cost less than $100 and will share the same adapter.

Steve