Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Orestor 1:2.8/100
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Meyer Orestor 1:2.8/100 Reply with quote

Got this lens for a song, but it was not working (frozen diaphragm). Even the DOF preview button was missing. No problem for me though: the diaphragm was easily cleaned, and I got the mount end off a 50/1.8 Meyer Oreston (which happens to use exactly the same mount with exactly the same dimensions).

Shown next to his thinner and longer Japanese brothers (105mm f/2.8 Hanimar and 105mm f/2.8 Takumar pre-set) it makes clear that the Orestor is a fat and short German Wink

Some quick samples made on the dining table. I think he deserves my title "Bokeh Dwarf" Wink

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhm, what do you mean by "bokeh dwarf"?

Nice repair job btw Smile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ludoo wrote:
Uhm, what do you mean by "bokeh dwarf"?

Nice repair job btw Smile

Thanks! Well, the 135mm f/2.8 Orestor, the bigger brother of the 100mm Orestor, is often called the "Bokeh Monster". So let's just call the 100mm affectionately "Bokeh Dwarf" Wink

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
Thanks! Well, the 135mm f/2.8 Orestor, the bigger brother of the 100mm Orestor, is often called the "Bokeh Monster". So let's just call the 100mm affectionately "Bokeh Dwarf" Wink

Thanks for the clarification. I'm interested in what you think about this lens as I have the Pentacon 100mm f2.8 which I assume is the same, only rebranded after the merger/acquisition/whatever.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ludoo wrote:
Spotmatic wrote:

Thanks for the clarification. I'm interested in what you think about this lens as I have the Pentacon 100mm f2.8 which I assume is the same, only rebranded after the merger/acquisition/whatever.

Yes, it should be the same. Please give me a few days to take some more samples. I'll post them in this topic of course. I'll probably also compare it to the 100mm f/2.8 Trioplan and the 105mm f/2.8 Takumar. Let's see...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
Yes, it should be the same. Please give me a few days to take some more samples. I'll post them in this topic of course. I'll probably also compare it to the 100mm f/2.8 Trioplan and the 105mm f/2.8 Takumar. Let's see...

It will be interesting to see your results and know your conclusions. If we lived nearby I could loan you the Fujinon 100 2.8 and Tamron 105 2.5, to do a big shootout of 100/105mm lenses. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received a Orestor 100mm f/2.8 and a Sonnar 135mm f/4 (both in beautifull condition) from forum member mflex-on. Will post examples in the weekend.

@spotmatic: how do you compare the 105mm Tak preset to the Orestor ?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Resnse: purely a feeling, but I like the Orestor more. Also I wonder if the Tak is indeed 105mm or the Orestor is a bit less long than 100mm? Because I find the Tak has a larger magnification than you would think looking at the 5mm difference.

Anyway, here's some more Orestor shots. I definitely like the sharpness wide open (!) and also the natural colors.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Spotamtic -- firstly congrats to your new lens -- I have had this lens before ..

It's a GREAT piece of glass and VERY small .. Smile I sold it -- maybe mistake Cool

I also love your samples they're ALWAYS great.. !

tf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow great samples. I have the Oreston 50/1.8 and I am greatly impressed with it, but now I want this one.

Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful portraiture. Simply beautiful.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems a really nice lense and obviously you know how to use it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic lens and great job! Well done!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These look great Peter.
I have the Pentacon Electric version that I bought from Sorin ages ago.
Have yet too put it to paces yet.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bokeh of orestor 2.8/100 vs bokeh of canon 2.8/100 L IS macro.
who wins ? who is the best ?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love this lens!

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any directions online to pop open the Orestor 100/2.8?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
@Resnse: purely a feeling, but I like the Orestor more. Also I wonder if the Tak is indeed 105mm or the Orestor is a bit less long than 100mm? Because I find the Tak has a larger magnification than you would think looking at the 5mm difference.

.......and also the natural colors.

it's really beautiful Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning example shots, Spotmatic. That seems to be a wonderful lens.