Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Görlitz Tele Megor 150/4 (unknown mount)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Meyer Görlitz Tele Megor 150/4 (unknown mount) Reply with quote

Hi, I've got this lens some time already, but it hasn't been of any use to me since the mount is unknown. The serial number says the lens is of 1949, and other than the info on the lens itself I only know the number of aperture blades, which is 17 if I counted correctly. The diameter of the ring of the Tele Megor-mount is about 42mm.

There are some 150mm f/4 Tele Megor in C-mount available on eBay, but that's an entire different construction. The other known Tele Megor 150mm has f/5.5 and there's a 150/4 converted to T-mount on eBay but that one is completely different as well.

The optical elements are relatively close to eachother, they are all in the first part of the lens which makes it a very simple design? It's uncoated as far as I can tell. The front of the lens is somewhat damaged because there has been a hood-adapter screwed onto it (which can be easily reinstated).

Does anyone have an idea which mount this is or could be?

Last edited by Fabian on Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:08 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first I thought Praktina, but the lugs look too wide.

There is another exakta mount that fits over the external flanges, it is probably that mount.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some movie camera mount I think.

It doesn't look like any of the usual medium format mounts used in the 1950's, Pentacon and such.

The SLR versions of this lens were all aluminum finish or chrome brass earlier.

Telemegors were simple formulas, and their elements were all in the lens head with the aperture between the elements.
Usually you can remove the lens head to remount it if you need to. I have seen some telemegor heads mounted on lensboards.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rare lens I see first time this finish, keep it in big respect.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is definitely a cine/movie lens.

The usual Exakta-mount Tele-Megor was f/5.5, but Meyer had a cine lens line also, with a 150mm f/4 Tele-Megor

I don't think there was ever a still camera Tele-Megor with an f/4 aperture.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks. It seems the only option to make it usable is to create a custom mount then, something for the future.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather sell it China or Japan they are respect Meyer lenses well and buy another lens than convert this rare one.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Rather sell it China or Japan they are respect Meyer lenses well and buy another lens than convert this rare one.

I think you understood something else than what I meant to say. I didn't say I'd convert it, I said I would create a mount for it. To mount it somehow on MFT should be reasonable easy, when I put it right in front of the mount of my E-PM1 it's focussed on about 3.5 to 4m where it says close to 2.5m on the lens. If i put a M42-adapter between the camera and lens it's becoming about 1m so the adapter that's to be created is somewhere in between.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CP mount maybe for the CP-16r?
Rare by any yardstick, you might still be able to find someone to make an one-off adaptor for your system, albeit at a cost.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Fabian on Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That adapter is to put C mount lenses on a Bolex bayonet mount so wouldn't be any use in mounting your Telemegor.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Fabian on Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it is the Bolex mount, the lugs on your lens look a lot wider than the gaps in the Bolex mount.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the 1938 Meyer flyer scanned by Camera Eccentric, the pre-war version at least was being supplied in the following mounts -

Bell&Howell (Filmo)
Paillard (aka Bolex)
Ensign
Victor
Agfa Movex
Siemens D
Cine-Kodak Special
New Magazine Cine-Kodak

Who knows what they were supplying in 1948

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Small update, found another Meyer with the same lens mount, advertised as 'movie mount':

Click here to see on Ebay

I wish I had that sexy beast instead of my ugly duckling. Wink

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a reversible mount solution to all kind of strange lens

http://forum.mflenses.com/carl-zeiss-jena-movikon-16mm-lenses-on-nex-t57437,highlight,%2Bmovikon.html