Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Macro Lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSG

Excelents!!!

It's easy, I will go to your house and will destroy you and your fantastic lens!!!! Laughing

Fantastics macro pics.

Regards, Rino.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really good captures....Is this the 200mm Nikkor with the built in ringlight? How much did the lens set you back?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow great set of macros!
all those aliens live in UK!
superb lens!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just looked at the lens on the mir site & see that it's not the medical Nikkor but the later & better version....I saw that it only goes to half life size though. How did you get your shots then? Were you using a teleconverter? Tubes? or is it a combination of one of those & cropping? Either way, it doesn't detract from the quality of your images....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSG - Alf - I finally remember you from "the other forum". Your macros have always aroused extreme envy Laughing Laughing Laughing

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

extremely == nice
is there any possibility to fit this lens on EOS?

tf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screamin Scott wrote:
Really good captures....Is this the 200mm Nikkor with the built in ringlight?

No, these were lit using a single Metz 54mz-3 on a specially configured bracket off to one side of the lens, either fired optically via the cameras pop up flash or via PC sinc cable:

BTW, I dont normally use the bulky Nikon PN-1 extension ring pictured as I prefer to use either one or two excellent quality 52mm Canon 500D close up lenses on it instead. The lens on its own gives 1:2 macros but with 1x500D it gives 1:1 macros and with 2x 500D's it gives 2:1 macros.

Screamin Scott wrote:

How much did the lens set you back?

I cost me £120, inc postage on ebay about a year ago.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alf

How did you fit the Nikon onto the SD?

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Alf

How did you fit the Nikon onto the SD?

patrickh

With the cheap Roxsen Nikon lens to M42 camera adapter plus an M42-SA adapter...It does'nt allow infinty focus but thats not a problem for macro use...In fact it gives a slight magnification advantage for macro shots. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trifox wrote:
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

extremely == nice
is there any possibility to fit this lens on EOS?

tf

Yes. Same way I fitted mine onto my SD14...Just get a cheap Roxsen Nikon lens to M42 camera adapter on ebay and then you can fit it to any Canon EOS camera with an M42-EF adapter.
The combo does'nt allow infinty focus, so its not a perfect solution for allowing the use of all Nikon lenses (though they will all fit and can be used for close ups and macros) but it is a perfect solution for allowing the use of Micro-Nikkors.Very Happy
And in the same manner, but with brand related M42 adapters, Micro-Nikkors can also be used on Pentax and Olympus 4/3rds DSLRs Wink

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I shoot all my nikkors on my D40 with a chipped nikon to EOS adapter. This also gives you infinity focus. This includes the 200/4 Smile Smile

DSG: I am intrigued by the ingenuity and skills you use to adapt all those different lenses to the SD14

Smile Smile Smile Smile

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
DSG: I am intrigued by the ingenuity and skills you use to adapt all those different lenses to the SD14

Smile Smile Smile Smile

patrickh

Thanks very much Patrickh. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...

These nikkors are superb... (Old Nikkor 105/4 & 200/4).. there is another Nikkor 105mm f4, becoming rare these days...
I think Seymore has that lens... Or Attila, you also have that or not...