Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

M42 collection - so far!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: M42 collection - so far! Reply with quote

Here are some of my current M42 cameras, lenses etc

Thanks for looking.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice collection, and I like the rural setting.
Why two Bessaflexes?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nicely presented, discriminating collection. I love those vintage flash units too.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the BFs are nifty cool ...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice collection. Timeless design !!!

Congrats
Wink

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Great!

A black and a silver Bessaflex! Wow.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Why two Bessaflexes?

Extravagant, I know! I bought the black one when they were first released mainly to use with my Tamron Adaptall II lenses. But, the Pentax P/ES mount fouled the pentaprism so there was only one thing I could do - buy the silver one! Wink
At least that's what I told my wife! Embarassed Actually, she's very understanding, thank goodness.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
Orio wrote:
Why two Bessaflexes?

Extravagant, I know! I bought the black one when they were first released mainly to use with my Tamron Adaptall II lenses. But, the Pentax P/ES mount fouled the pentaprism so there was only one thing I could do - buy the silver one! Wink
At least that's what I told my wife! Embarassed Actually, she's very understanding, thank goodness.

Oohh.. veeeerrrrrrry nice collection! Congratulations!

My wife gave up with criticizing me about my camera purchases - but now, everytime we have visitors in our house, they go "What on earth do you need so many lenses for?" or "Do you actually use any of this gear?" and so on.. Rolling Eyes

Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: M42 collection - so far! Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:

Beautiful machines!

Orio wrote:
Why two Bessaflexes?

Silver body matches silver lenses, black body black lenses Laughing

larsr wrote:
My wife gave up with criticizing me about my camera purchases - but now, everytime we have visitors in our house, they go "What on earth do you need so many lenses for?" or "Do you actually use any of this gear?" and so on..

I had the same issue until I asked my fiancée why she has so many different shoes and handbags. Haven't heard a single piece of complaint ever since.

Last edited by Esox lucius on Thu May 13, 2010 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely collection (from a Pentax fan!) My ES is my favourite M42 Pentax, I haven't managed to pick up an ESII. I also love the vintage flash collection! Do they still work?

Best wishes, Kris.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

womble wrote:
Lovely collection (from a Pentax fan!) My ES is my favourite M42 Pentax, I haven't managed to pick up an ESII. I also love the vintage flash collection! Do they still work?

Best wishes, Kris.

Yes, all as good as new!

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice collection and good to see it includes a few of my favourites too. All my lenses are M42 & a few M39. There's just something about screwing a lens in.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: M42 collection - so far! Reply with quote

Esox lucius wrote:

larsr wrote:
Why two Bessaflexes?

Lars, isn't it obvious? Silver body matches silver lenses, black body black lenses.

No, that was Orio who asked so. I can totally understand why someone would want to own two Bessaflexes Smile

Esox lucius wrote:

larsr wrote:
My wife gave up with criticizing me about my camera purchases - but now, everytime we have visitors in our house, they go "What on earth do you need so many lenses for?" or "Do you actually use any of this gear?" and so on..

I had the same issue until I asked my fiancée why she has so many different shoes and handbags. Haven't heard a single piece of complaint ever since.

This is a good idea. My wife doesn't have bucketloads of shoes or handbags, but I bet I can find something else she has lots Very Happy