Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Looking for a 35mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Looking for a 35mm Reply with quote

Hello all,
I found 35mm a good all rounder for a crop camera (Canon 30D).
I realised this after I sold my beloved 2.4/35mm Flek to fund a 2.8/28 Distagon (it's coming home Laughing ).
So... I am looking for a new 35mm. Confused
I am contemplating buying a Distagon 2.8/35mm. Then, I miss my Flek alot. Crying or Very sad
Can someone please help me to decide which one to buy?
cheers
Ed

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio ... I just guess CZJ Flek 35mm f2.4 MC one of the best 35mm lens you can't find better on lower price.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharpness-wise, both the Flek 2.4/35 and the Distagon 2.8/35 are excellent lenses.
As for prices, both are around the 120 Euros average
The Flek has an advantage in the closer focusing distance, which makes it suitable for quasi macro work.
The Distagon is of better quality wide open, especially in the corners.
I find myself using the Distagon more.

A cheap good quality alternative is the Yashica ML 2.8/35, the image quality is near that of the Distagon 2.8/35, at less than half the price.
-

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Orio and Attila,
I just bit the bullet and bought a Distagon 2.8/35 MMJ.
If I don't like this I will sell this to fund a Flektogon.
Good thing about used MF lenses is that you get the money back when you sell them Very Happy
cheers
Ed

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think so you will not like it, I never heard any bad words about CZ lenses.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

esrods wrote:
Thank you Orio and Attila,
I just bit the bullet and bought a Distagon 2.8/35 MMJ.

Surely a wise choice. I would have recommended a Nikkor 2.0/35 or a Leica Elmarit-R 2.8/35 - my best 35mm lenses (followed by a MIR-1B and a Takumar 3.5/35).