Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Looking for a 24-35mm and 50mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

norim_13 wrote:
I think that for the 50mm range I'll choose the SMC Takumar 55mm, but the f/2 version. It's easier to get a cheap one.

The image quality between f/1.8 vs f/2 is different?

The IQ is the same because it's essentially tha same lens. I mean, it is the very same lens; the f/2 version simply has a thin metal ring inside that limits its maximum aperture to f/2 instead of f/1.8. Apparently, this was done by Pentax for purely marketing reasons; they wanted to distinguisk between their cheaper bodies and higher-class bodies, and this was one of the vehicles. Another vehicle I can remember was selling exactly the same body under two different names; one would have shutter speeds of (can't remember for sure) 1/1000s, while the other one would have exactly the same shutter speeds, but painted values would go up to 1/500s. This other body combined with the 55/2 lens would be sitting in the lower end of the market, while the 'higher class' one equipped with the 55/1.8 would take the high end of the market. Notably, production costs of making two sets of bodies/lenses were diminutive.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Just bought the SMC Takumar 55mm f/2 Very Happy

Now it's time for the wide one. I'll search for the takumar but it seems that this one usually goes for high values (comparing to my budget).

What value do you think it's the max fair value for this lens?

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mc Variozenitar 25/45mm f/2,8-3,5 , KMZ. Near perfect . Not cheap . K mount. Always present in my bag.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, congrats on the Tak! It's a great lens and you will love it!

And Helios... Shocked What a beautiful image! I had no idea Russian zooms existed!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They do exist .... I have also a Granit 4,5 / 80-200 which is "ordinary" , but this one (variozenitar) is a stunning lens - you can find it at rugift's for $259

http://www.rugift.com/photocameras/variozenitar_k_lens.htm

here at 25 mm, full frame film , pentax mx .

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Norim.

In your budget, I would say Pentacon M42 :
29mm f2.8
50mm f1.8
135mm f2.8

For 35€ in ebay french ads, I can have a Pentacon 2.8/135 + a pentacon 50mm with case + polarizer and an adapter ring.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion Olivier Wink
I'll look for that lens.

I am still accepting other suggestions for the 24-35mm Very Happy

If anyone has some lens from this range to sell, with good IQ and low price (very low price! Very Happy), just PM Wink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

You already said me that pentacon 29mm is a good deal in my budget.
And what abou the 28mm? Many differences? I saw it here: http://sacavem.olx.pt/objectivas-pentacon-28mm-e-50mm-iid-72107781

I'm following now some auctions of pentacon 29mm. More suggestions accepted Smile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read that the 29mm is better than the 28mm.

Anybody confirms ?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
I read that the 29mm is better than the 28mm.

Anybody confirms ?

If anybody knows, please confirm.

Somebody offered me a Super Danubia 2.8/28 in C/Y mount. 20€. Good deal?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I've been watching some biddings, and I noticed that most takumars 28mm go to very high values (40/50 GBP).

I'm now looking for alternatives.
What do you think about chinon lenses? Are they, at least, average?

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Norim.

Generally, Chinon lenses are good.
About the 28mm, have a look here :

http://forum.mflenses.com/who-made-auto-chinon-2-8-28mm-t15162,highlight,chinon+28mm.html