Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lens setup, every category MUST be different manufacturer
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Too tiresome game for me Laughing I pass Wink

Booooh! Wink

Oreste wrote:
WolverineX wrote:
read the first post in this thread

I did read it. Where did I say I didn't read it? Where? I did read it! I don't understand. That's what I said: I DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!!

Be patient! After one or two years in this forum, you will understand. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, made me dream about it. Laughing Here's the Software Developer's solution Laughing

Very simple for computer to generate all the possible lists given a complete list of all lenses including manufacturer name, focal length, and lens name.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oreste wrote:
WolverineX wrote:

I did read it. Where did I say I didn't read it? Where? I did read it! I don't understand. That's what I said: I DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!!

There is no particular utility -- only a mind exercise.

Make lists of different focal length lenses, each made by a different manufacturer. Longest list with most high quality lenses wins contest.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Oreste wrote:
WolverineX wrote:

Make lists of different focal length lenses, each made by a different manufacturer. Longest list with most high quality lenses wins contest.

But why?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Damn, made me dream about it. Laughing Here's the Software Developer's solution Laughing

Very simple for computer to generate all the possible lists given a complete list of all lenses including manufacturer name, focal length, and lens name.

LOL, but how will the algorithm now which lenses are top notch? Will you rate them? Part of the assignment is that every lens chosen must be special in some way. At least very good, and prererrably unique in some way...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
I decided to have another go and think outside the box a bit:

Nice thinking there and quite impressive. I'm only familiar with a couple of these lenses. Have to look some of them up.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oreste wrote:
visualopsins wrote:
Oreste wrote:
WolverineX wrote:

But why?

Because!

(Yeah, I know: don't feed the troll. But I just couldn't resist. Wink)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oreste wrote:
But why?

To exercise your mind & make you less one-track-minded.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pontus wrote:
Part of the assignment is that every lens chosen must be special in some way. At least very good, and prererrably unique in some way...

it would be interesting to make an opposite , the list of lenses that are especially bad Smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would actually be harder. Good idea Smile