Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Leica R3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Leica R3 Reply with quote

Anyone has experiences with this camera?

I want a film camera for my leica-R lenses, too. The R3 seems the most affordable amongst the 3cams types.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No personal experience Orio but this link might be worth a read:

http://www.photoethnography.com/ClassicCameras/LeicaR.html

I've looked at the R3 myself in the past and found the usual mixed responses with those saying it was great and those saying otherwise. I didn't pursue it as I felt I already had enough different mounts as it is.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bob
I have learned that R4 is the camera to avoid.
From R5 on, they are too expensive.
I guess I will go for a R3. Full manual does not scare me, I used Nikon FM2 for many years.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are not in a hurry, you should come and visit us in fall 2008 at the time of the Solms camera show. You will surely find an excellent and still fair priced R3 there. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish we had something like Solms here.

Then again, maybe not.... Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was it the R4 that was a re-badged Minolta? It seems like it would be fine for occasional use (not a primary camera). That model does go pretty inexpensive.