Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

KIEV
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:38 pm    Post subject: KIEV Reply with quote

Today I bought an early KIEV-3 which is carbon copy of Contax III it's possible made from genuine stolen parts from Germany. Camera looks new , well kept collector piece. When I have time I will make a comparation photo from Contax III and Kiev III luckily I have both.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*L*U*S*T*

That is a nice bunch of metal you got there

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking back through old rangefinder posts as I often do, and saw this. I'm jealous. They are just beautiful, all of them. Wow, Wow, Wow.!!! Do they all work as well as they look?

I hope my new one coming is as nice as the pictures the guy showed.

You are a lucky man Attila. Beautiful wife, family and cameras. And a parrot that eats keyboards LOL.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I congratulate for the fine, early Kiev-III: it's almost a Contax-III, since then the inspection was mainly done by German "volunteer" technicians, working at the Arsenal plant.

The tools and machinery that produced your camera, were those made and set up in Jena-Saalfeld, then moved to Kiev to start the Kiev project. I don't think that still in 1955 a Kiev could include old, german parts, though.

Anyways, an extremely fine, reliable camera, capable of finest results.

(The Kiev/Contax is my favourite system, by the way).

E.L.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a 1954 Kiev III last week with case, a J-8 lense and a J-12 lense with its case. Everything looks like new. The guy I got it from is a professional photographer and assures me it works as good as it looks. He has owned it since 1990. I got it today but it is raining and I don't want to take it out in the rain. Its loaded though, and I snapped a few out the window. Oh yes!! I also got a Zeiss Ikon folding 5cm/8.5cm Albada finder with it.

This is not the 1956 Kiev IIIa that I have coming from the Ukraine. That should be here this week sometime.

My Kiev IIa is in for a CLA right now along with anything it needs to be perfect.

Why do I keep buying these damn cameras, my wife asks.

Last edited by Schnauzer on Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:47 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to your results, Ron, I was unlucky with Kiev, still like Chicken Kiev, though. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Looking forward to your results, Ron, I was unlucky with Kiev, still like Chicken Kiev, though. Smile

Sad for first part Smile Smile for second. Look forward your success Ron.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:10 pm    Post subject: LARRY KING Reply with quote

That is a nice bunch of metal you got there. I think these are produced and set up by Jena-Saalfeld, then moved to Kiev to start the Kiev project. I don't think that still in 1955 a Kiev could include old, german parts, though.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: LARRY KING Reply with quote

larryking6458 wrote:
That is a nice bunch of metal you got there. I think these are produced and set up by Jena-Saalfeld, then moved to Kiev to start the Kiev project. I don't think that still in 1955 a Kiev could include old, german parts, though.

+1. I too do not think that this Kiev has German made parts in it. I myself have a 1952 Kiev III and the only German part in is is the film sensitivity selector. I know that because it reads DIN and not "Gost" as the ones made since 1955 and up. Despite all that, your camera is a steal considering it`s condition and all the original stuff that it came with.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very, VERY nice cams, thanks for showing!

Never too old to learn, I saw Your manual:
фотоаппарат is the same word as in German: Photoapparat - think I'll study Russian, seems not so far from German! Laughing