Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kentmere 400 first roll
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Kentmere 400 first roll Reply with quote

I picked up a few packs of this film for cheap. I shot a roll at a few temples and shrines in the area as a test. Nikon FE and 55/3.5 macro.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by Yebisu on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aargh. This site is located in Germany. Can't publish #2 - they'll shut us down. Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
Aargh. This site is located in Germany. Can't publish #2 - they'll shut us down. Shocked

Sorry if I caused any offense. It's a symbol for a Buddhist temple in Japan. I'll remove it... don't want to get in any trouble.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yebisu wrote:
kansalliskala wrote:

Sorry if I caused any offense. It's a symbol for a Buddhist temple in Japan. I'll remove it... don't want to get in any trouble.

No offense, I know it is used that way. But Germans are really serious about it. Their laws border absurdism in this matter.

edit: I think you can put the picture back if you explicitly say it is a buddhist temple.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strafgesetzbuch_section_86a

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
Yebisu wrote:
kansalliskala wrote:

No offense, I know it is used that way. But Germans are really serious about it. Their laws border absurdism in this matter.

It's absolutely not illegal to show swastikas in Germany as long as it's for any kind of documentary- or teaching purposes in the broadest sense and partially also for religious purposes!
The Germany law is only very strict when it's or other Nazi-Symbols (SS runes etc.) are used as advertisement or as fan merchandise for neonazism.
I've also seen swastikas in Buddhistic temples in Germany - it's no problem!

Please re-upload!

And bye the way very good shots Wink! Excellent series!
Very good composition and both film and especially lens are performing stunning dimensionality and details.

Last edited by ForenSeil on Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:20 pm; edited 8 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Symbols never killed anyone. Stupidity and greed do, all the time.
BTW, beautiful series, I would like to see more, the B&W seems very appropriate to the subjects to me!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see cheapness here, beautiful series , congrats!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pictures are really great!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree, excellent work!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1, and the last two show real dimensionality in my eyes.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great set of images with very nice composition

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some good tones going on here. It looks a good film.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for comments everyone. The interior of temples are difficult shoot. It's mostly dark with occasional shafts of natural light. I think the film handled the lighting fairly well.

Here is the Buddhist symbol (swastika) photo that I removed and one more of some gizo outside a temple.