Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Just bought some Tmax
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:13 am    Post subject: Just bought some Tmax Reply with quote

In a fit of madness at the site I usually buy film, I saw that my usual film (Fomapan) was not as cheap as it used to be, so started looking at alternatives. I've not really experimented with Kodak films, apart from a few rolls of Tri-X, so thought I'd get some Tmax 100 in 120 size.

Anyone using or used this film?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes I´ve used it for one project in 35mm. as any other delta-film it has very fine grain and smooth tonality. develop it in atomal and you will hardly find the grain on normal sized prints Smile I think best it´s for shooting women Wink

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used that film in 120 and 35mm, and I liked it, except for the price Laughing

Some samples with a '38 Certo SSD 2.8 Xenar, T-max developer

img980 by Nesster, on Flickr

Post Office Stairs, NYC by Nesster, on Flickr

Hoboken Train Hall by Nesster, on Flickr

img978 by Nesster, on Flickr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Just bought some Tmax Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:

Anyone using or used this film?

I do.
I just love the way it prints under the enlarger:

01) Kodak TMax 400 film in TMax developer, Contax RX with Vario-Sonnar 35-70 lens
Ilford Multigrade RC IV paper at contrast 2.0:

02) Kodak TMax 400 film pushed to 800 in TMax developer, Contax RX with Planar 1.4/50 lens
Ilford Multigrade RC IV paper at contrast 2.5:

03) Kodak TMax 400 film pushed to 800 in TMax developer, Contax RX with Planar 1.4/50 lens

04) Kodak TMax 400 film pushed to 800 in TMax developer, Contax RX with Planar 1.4/50 lens

05) Kodak TMax 400 film in TMax developer, Contax RX with Vario-Sonnar 35-70 lens
Printed on Ilford Multigrade RC IV paper, contrast at 2.0

06) Kodak TMax 400 film in TMax developer, Contax RX with Planar 1.4/50 lens
Printed on Ilford Multigrade RC IV paper, contrast at 3.0