Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Isco-Göttingen Westanar 2.8/50 C M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:40 am    Post subject: Isco-Göttingen Westanar 2.8/50 C M42 Reply with quote

This is the C (coated) version of the lens, not common to find especially in M42 mount. Uncoated is much more common.
The lens is a Tessar-based scheme.
The photos have been taken with a 5D Mark II camera.
Whole images bear the GPS tags so you can use them to locate the position.
If you click on the whole images you might obtain an enlargement:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice scenary. The low angle of the sun makes the atmosphere more interesting with long shadows and the play between shadow/ highlight.

I like the ISCO's and have both the Westanar f2.8 and the bigger brother Westagon f2. I'm not really shure if I have the "C" version or not Wink

Is this location near to where you live?

Cheers
Lars

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me looks a scene with a difficult light, it s always a challenge to take pictures in such a high contrast situation. Despite this the pictures convey a sense of peace and calm, especially the first and last, kind of lazy sunday afternoon mood.

Tomas

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys.
That's river Po and one of it's oxbows, some 30 kilometers from where I live.

About the shadows, except for rarest cases I do not correct them with hdr, I only adjust black point when necessary.
That's my idea of photography, some people want to record everything of a scene, which current technology allows,
I prefer to evaluate shadows and lights for the emotional value that they can add to the scene.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It always amazes me how overdone HDR can be, how far people can go, rarely i see a "natural" looking HDR, which is supposed to rapresent what the human eye sees, or not? Anyway this argument would require it s own tread.

Tomas

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio, I too have this little gem but without the C in M42. It was the lens that adorned my Praktica FX3 when purchased still in the box in 1980 if I recall correctly. I still love this little gem, It's focus is as smooth as any of my Takumars although you have to pull out on the aperture ring just a tad before turning it. The only downside to it is if I have it on my dslr someone always wants to trip the auto aperture lever and you have to unmount it from the dslr to trip it back Smile It truly is one of my favorite little oddities.

Eric