Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I am a Range Finder!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: I am a Range Finder! Reply with quote

This is my second ever rangefinder and coincidentally my second Balda Rangefinder! I probably paid about £5 too much, but it looks like fun!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BALDA-CRF-Supermatic-l-Schneider-XENAR-45-2-8-in-COMPUR-Metered-/321022483772?autorefresh=true&nma=true&si=3OTkS7WFE%2FD%2BbkifQtrvz6dk%2FXk%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny purchase!
Not too expensive IMHO; it has a nice lens!
Does the lightmeter still work?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be able to test the meter when it arrives. The last Balda I had, a Baldessa was surprisingly well made for a cheaper camera and the the meter worked fine on it, so fingers crossed.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, if it performs as well as my Balda Baldamatic II (which looks similar) you have got a great performer!.

http://forum.mflenses.com/balda-baldamatic-ii-t38908,highlight,%2Bbalda.html

http://forum.mflenses.com/first-roll-with-the-balda-baldamatic-ii-shots-added-t39032,highlight,%2Bbalda.html

Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a cute little camera. I want one!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very wise buy, I expect great quality images.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks folks!

The camera arrived today and all seems to be working and mainly clean.

Jes: The back of this comes off totally for film loading and I see that the edge of the back plate fits into a recess all the way round, but I don't see any felt material for light sealing. Does your Baldamatic have felt in the recesses?

edit: I just re-read your thread and got my answer in one of your posts - no light seal felt!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So , do I have to add Balda to the poll ? Laughing
Congrats !

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yinyangbt wrote:
Congrats !

No need - it has a fixed lens!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skida wrote:
yinyangbt wrote:
Congrats !

No need - it has a fixed lens!

there is a poll for fixed lens rangefinders Wink we have to ask the admin/moderators to do the change .I'm shure you're going to use it these next days Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started the first test roll and then the big dark clouds came over to compliment the cold wind. Embarassed

My first impression is that the exposure meter isn't working, at least in any way that I can work out. It has an automatic, shutter priority exposure feature, and I have taken some shots on auto and some on manual using a hand held meter just to make sure it isn't working.

Tomorrow, the forecast is for brighter weather and I hope to be able to finish the test.