Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hawk and crow
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Hawk and crow Reply with quote

Was walking near the woods when I saw this, what I thought was a crow mobbing a Buzzard, only had my Jupiter 37A 135mm but got some shots at a distance, these are seriously cropped, but I am very pleased with the results.

Anyway after looking at this and some of the other shots, I think this is a Harris Hawk, not a Buzzard, and someone was out hunting with it when the crow attacked, you can just see the leather leg straps herebehind the tail and a bit clearer on another shot I took.

Taken in av mode with aSamsung GX-10 round about f5.6 Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not easy to catch! Congrats!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic to see mother nature in action, you have been very fast and very precise in catching the moment, congratulations!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great catch, not easy... Smile Exclamation Cool

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all for the kind comments, I was lucky as I spotted the Hawk earlier so put on the 135 just in case it came back. Funnily enough I saw some Buzzards being chased by crows about an hour later, I got some shots of that too but they were much higher in the sky. Seems like Buzzards are not too popular Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phenomenal catch - that is so difficult to do with MF. And the Jup does very well

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That lens never disappoints me, I can't praise it enough Very Happy I sometimes wish I'd had my Jupiter 21 or Pentacon 200/4 instead but I don't think it would have been any better Very Happy