Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Gotland
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Gotland Reply with quote

Visited my parents two weeks ago. This little series could perhaps act as counterbalance to all the sharpness going on here Smile .

The weather was terrible with fog and rain. Most of the shots are from the windswept northern island and taken with Nikkor 2.8/24 and 3.5/55. Not exactly an explosion in colour and contrast, but hopefully worth showing anyway.

Our daughter among the sea stacks

Fishermen's huts

A small sheep farm, typical for this island (almost 100% crop)

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it -the flower is superb and the atmosphere in all the shots is great very reminiscent of some of the places I have been and shivered in the cold and damp Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sven, you've made the very best of the terrible conditions for photography. No 2 is great. I love seeing pictures from parts of the world I don't know. Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely series, my favourite are #2 and #8 (where I would crop off the road though). Bad weather can be as photogenic as sunny weather if not even more.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superb compositions, great atmosphere, my favs #1#2 as wow and #7#8#9

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck, I like them all. Though the frost flower's good... oh and the tree limbs... and the standing rocks... Gotland is a magical place, and your photography has made it even more so.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all of you for your very nice comments.
Gotland is quite different from mainland Sweden. Some might find it a bit desolate. Having grown up there I guess I'm a bit biased.

I agree with Orio that bright sunlight might not provide better photo opportunities. I quite like these adverse weather conditions.

Last edited by Sven on Sat May 22, 2010 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Bad weather can be as photogenic as sunny weather if not even more.

I wasn't thinking about photogenic. I meant dark skies, wide apertures, slow shutter speeds, strong winds and camera shake, raindrops on the lens, not to mention cold hands!

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Orio wrote:
Bad weather can be as photogenic as sunny weather if not even more.

I wasn't thinking about photogenic. I meant dark skies, wide apertures, slow shutter speeds, strong winds and camera shake, raindrops on the lens, not to mention cold hands!

Don't forget high ISO and noisy pictures Smile
I doubt if there is such a thing as perfect photo conditions