Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Got another film cam, this time a Yashica FX70 Quartz
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try here http://www.kyphoto.com/classics/forum/messages/2/12027.html?1208224157

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you open up the camera, try to fix the frame counter as well, it's usually broken (mine is). I found a tutorial a couple of days ago on how to repair it in other camera (FX-3 or FX-D i think), but it should be very similar on the FX-70 and it tells you how to disassemble the top of the camera. I don't remember the website and i can't find it in my bookmarks... all yashica-related repair links i have are these, maybe it can help you:

http://www.kyphoto.com/classics/forum/messages/6899/5848.html?1137744084
http://www.f-ms.de/photo/fx3.html
http://www.cdegroot.com/photo-yashica/
http://www.keinaths-fotohomepage.gmxhome.de/35/35-links.htm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Cosmin and Naplam for the links!.

At the end I'll try to fix it. But first I need to get rid of the rubberish cover and this may take time...

For sure, I'll document it as usual...

Jes.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Another choice... Reply with quote

Hi!

If you want a nice C/Y body I'd recommend the 137MA - it's the same as the MD except you can select a shutter speed, whereas the MD only allows aperture selection. I picked mine up with a really grim case of rotting leather covering, and within days camera leather (really great guy) had sold me a full replacement kit, and now the thing looks as if it was made yesterday. Even the seals were ok.. amazing value and same zoom as yours.. I managed to pick up a Contax Planar too pretty cheaply (49 bucks) so.. Smile

I was sorry to hear the camera's not so good.. maybe I was the lucky one not to win it after all? Hmm

Doug.

Jesito wrote:

At the end I'll try to fix it. But first I need to get rid of the rubberish cover and this may take time...

Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:

Jes.

Jes, if you're going ahead with the repair I found someone who does new leather covers for Yashicas by accident. Click here to see on Ebay Not exactly the same model but the same body.

I'm sure you tried this already, but sometimes the battery contacts just need a scrape.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Jesito wrote:

Jes.

Jes, if you're going ahead with the repair I found someone who does new leather covers for Yashicas by accident. Click here to see on Ebay Not exactly the same model but the same body.

I'm sure you tried this already, but sometimes the battery contacts just need a scrape.

Hi Peter!
Thanks for the pointer. I'll first try to cleanup the body, but before making any embellishment I need to be sure I could fix the camera....
(anyway the leatherette covers look very nice!!...)

Regarding the battery contacts, you're right. I scrpapped the cover contacts and lightly bend them to ensure a proper contact with the outer ring in the camera battery holder. I even dissasembled the bottom plate and measured the voltage going out of the battery holder, and I got a nice 3.10 volt, so the problem is inside the camera (almost sure).

Jes,

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Another choice... Reply with quote

nemesis101 wrote:
Hi!

If you want a nice C/Y body I'd recommend the 137MA - it's the same as the MD except you can select a shutter speed, whereas the MD only allows aperture selection. I picked mine up with a really grim case of rotting leather covering, and within days camera leather (really great guy) had sold me a full replacement kit, and now the thing looks as if it was made yesterday. Even the seals were ok.. amazing value and same zoom as yours.. I managed to pick up a Contax Planar too pretty cheaply (49 bucks) so.. Smile

I was sorry to hear the camera's not so good.. maybe I was the lucky one not to win it after all? Hmm

Doug.

Jesito wrote:

Jes.

Thanks, Doug!

I'll consider the 137MA if I go for another one.

Jes.