Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

German glasses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are 24 Posts before this. I have noticed that only 3 or 4 treat the subject thread, very little efficiency!

And luck that is not a circus forum

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, Sorry, I have started someting here!
But thanks anyway for the explanations and the jokes/puns! Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: German Glasses Reply with quote

German glasses: Made by Dittmer and Dittmer

Photo (cropped) made with a Voigtländer Vitomatic and Color-Skopar 2.8/50

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a bit confused! Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next time, before asking, I will take a course of english idiom. It seems that I need it Laughing

If I say glass in plural not glasses because the googles aren't in the lens and bla bla bla. . . Embarassed Laughing

Rino

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my limited experience, Meyer has higher resolution but lower contrast than CZJ. Pentacon was not Meyer, just a low-quality fake by CZJ Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dekiller wrote:
From my limited experience, Meyer has higher resolution but lower contrast than CZJ. Pentacon was not Meyer, just a low-quality fake by CZJ Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Till I know, the pentacons are the continuity and MC version of Oreston, orestegon and orestor all made by Meyer Gorlitz Optic.

The pentacon 1,8/50 that I have, has a centralrresolution of 85 pl/mm at F8 (the best aperture for the lens), while the pancolar 1,8/50 has a central resolution of 100 pl/mm at F/ 5,6 and 8. And the last has more contrast than the pentacon.

Let me know what's you know. It's interesant.

Rino.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentacon was a state-created company that merged several DDR companies including Meyer Optik.
Many of the lenses in the Meyer catalogue were continued under a new Pentacon branding and name.
Unfortunately, the quality of the build and materials in the new company was not up to what used to be the standard of Meyer Optik. Therefore, in many cases the newer Pentacon lenses are not much better, and sometimes are worse, than the older Meyer lenses, in spite of the multi coating technology of which Pentacon could benefit.