Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Gargantuan Beetle!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject: Gargantuan Beetle! Reply with quote

I found this guy today & took it home so as to take some shots of it. I have a set with 9 photos on my Flickr account but here are a couple from the set..Lester A Dine on a Nikon D70s

On one one of my flowers

Crawling up my forearm....Slightly out of focus as he was crawling too fast even though I tried to set up a focal point prior to the shot

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott
How do you find these critters? Great shots with that lovely Dine lens

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great pics!
and you let them run on your arm Shocked
here we have them in black
long ago I had such a family in my room and I let them in peace
One fall on me when I was sleeping, I found one in my shoes and one in my chocolate milk then peace break
I kill them all and now I don't like them anymore Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First image is excellent macro!

Ours are all black too.
There was a lot of them in a house at the sea that my family used to rent in July for the summer vacation when I was a kid. The house was at ground floor and was a old house, with lots of green around, super humidity (I bet lenses would have developed fungus in record time), and a lot of cracks at the doors and windows these critters could get it and out through.
I remember that with the lack of mercy that is typical of the age, I used to play with them in this way: when I spotted one, I took out the box with the six plastic heavy balls that I used to play in the sand with
(I don't know the English name, this is the game):

and from the other side of the room, I threw the balls rolling on the floor trying to hit them Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bocce