Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fujicolor 100 (exp 2003)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Fujicolor 100 (exp 2003) Reply with quote

I bought a Minolta alpha (maxxum) 7000 with an AF 50 1.4 a couple of days ago. The lens is in pretty good condition but the camera is in, well, not such good condition. So I ran a film through it to test if the film advance etc. worked. Here are the results. Mostly shot at f 1.4 or f 2 because of the low light.

Thanks for looking

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice toned down colours, I especially like these colours in the books shot.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Orio.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yebisu wrote:
Thanks Orio.

Yebisu, great shots. And what a wonderful place.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice Y! this combo brings back lots of memories as i used it in my film days back in the '80s. then i used that 50/1.4 again on my first dslr, the sony a100. world comes full circle, heh?
tony

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice place and shots. I really like the natural colors rendering.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These give a real intimate version of reality, and like Orio says, lovely low key color - the word calm comes to mind

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VG shots..erm that will now put up the price of old film on the bay.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone. I was pleased how these turned out.

Excalibur wrote:
VG shots..erm that will now put up the price of old film on the bay.

Film (even very old film) isn't particularly cheap on auction sites here in Japan. I guess there's a lot of lomographers over here! I usually buy my cheap expired film from recycle shops usually for 50 yen to 100 yen a roll (30p to 60p). I've a got a few more rolls of this batch of Fujicolor 100 (exp 2003) and a couple of rolls of Superia Plus 800 (exp. 2006). I usually only use expired film to test if a camera is working properly. If I'm shooting something critical, I'll use fresh film (or probably digital!).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely colours and surprising considering the age of the film.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhargav wrote:
Yebisu wrote:
Thanks Orio.

Yebisu, great shots. And what a wonderful place.

+10