Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

fuji superior 200, canon a1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: fuji superior 200, canon a1 Reply with quote

Took these yesterday as we had some sun, one i think was with a sears 300mm, though i could be wrong, rest are the canon 50mm which on the whole i think is too soft. These were scanned by the local lab, i think it vust be low res as they are all about 1 meg is there any way of telling what dpi they were scanned at?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, memories! The A1 was my first Canon and I've stayed with them ever since. I traded it in for a T90 if my memory serves me rightly. Rolling Eyes Smile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a t70 but the 90's always go beyond my range. as a canon man what do you think is the best 50mm lens for an a1? as i say, i find the kit lens soft but maybe its me. And thanks for posting, a lot of my threads the pictures must be shite or else i have leprosy Wink

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxcastle wrote:
I have a t70 but the 90's always go beyond my range. as a canon man what do you think is the best 50mm lens for an a1? as i say, i find the kit lens soft but maybe its me. And thanks for posting, a lot of my threads the pictures must be shite or else i have leprosy Wink

I think it's the leprosy that puts people off - personally I've been inoculated against it! Wink Laughing

When I had an FD system the best 50mm I owned was the f1.4 SSC. A superb lens, I wish I still had it now for my NEX.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never owned a Canon, but I looked up the T70 and found a Wiki article.

The first photo looks as if the focus is somewhere around where the ramp hits the water and there isn't enough DOF to give sharp focus on the town. Can you remember what aperture you were using and was the exposure manual or one of the programs? Shooting into the sun from under a bridge (?) would definitely give the meter a hard time.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Skida,
i think it was f8 or 16, though i set the camera on automatic (canon a1) so i assume it works out the best shutter speed etc and does the best it can. Its not a bridge though, actually a tree Smile How did you know i had dry leprosy? Smile (papillion)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry. I wasn't reading correctly about the camera model and got distracted by the replies. Embarassed

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skida wrote:
Sorry. I wasn't reading correctly about the camera model and got distracted by the replies. Embarassed

no bother m8, any comments confused or otherwise greatly appreciated Smile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxcastle wrote:
as a canon man what do you think is the best 50mm lens for an a1? as i say, i find the kit lens soft but maybe its me. And thanks for posting, a lot of my threads the pictures must be shite or else i have leprosy Wink

M42 adapters are cheap so if you are unhappy with Canon you could try Helios or Meyer zebra nifty fifty......as they are cheap.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
maxcastle wrote:
as a canon man what do you think is the best 50mm lens for an a1? as i say, i find the kit lens soft but maybe its me. And thanks for posting, a lot of my threads the pictures must be shite or else i have leprosy Wink

M42 adapters are cheap so if you are unhappy with Canon you could try Helios or Meyer zebra nifty fifty......as they are cheap.

excellent idea, hadn't thought of that Smile thx dude

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxcastle wrote:
Excalibur wrote:
maxcastle wrote:

excellent idea, hadn't thought of that Smile thx dude

Just thought...... better leave out Meyer Oreston (Zebra) as when using any screw lens with an adapter you have to take the shot when the lens is manually set at the aperture you want to use, and as the Meyer's lever is spring loaded (to select aperture manually)......it's too annoying using one finger to hold this lever down, but of course no problem if you have three hands.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like no 1 and 2 !

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: fuji superior 200, canon a1 Reply with quote

maxcastle wrote:
is there any way of telling what dpi they were scanned at?

Photoshop will give the info, but I think that most image browsers also would if you look into Info or Properties.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yinyangbt wrote:
Like no 1 and 2 !

Bless you Smile

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: fuji superior 200, canon a1 Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
maxcastle wrote:

Photoshop will give the info, but I think that most image browsers also would if you look into Info or Properties.

the only info i can get is this: dimensions 1232 x 1840, camera model sp 2000, type jpeg, size 810kb. That is for the lenin one, i find it strange that it gives a different camera model. Is there a way of working out the scan res from that info, the ps info thing doesn't work.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: fuji superior 200, canon a1 Reply with quote

maxcastle wrote:
Orio wrote:
maxcastle wrote:

the only info i can get is this: dimensions 1232 x 1840, camera model sp 2000, type jpeg, size 810kb. That is for the lenin one, i find it strange that it gives a different camera model. Is there a way of working out the scan res from that info, the ps info thing doesn't work.

Open an image in Photoshop (I use CS5), in the bottom part of the image window there is a black arrow icon pointing right,
click on it, a drop-down menu appears, select "Document Dimensions" and voilà, it shows your image's pixel size and ppi resolution.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks man, it says 72 ppi, is that really low? i have figured out that the sp2000 is not a camera its a scanner.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxcastle wrote:
Thanks man, it says 72 ppi, is that really low? i have figured out that the sp2000 is not a camera its a scanner.

Check that it's the original image that you opened. Sometimes JPG converters do apply 72ppi resolution without asking.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
maxcastle wrote:

Check that it's the original image that you opened. Sometimes JPG converters do apply 72ppi resolution without asking.

you are right, everything opens at that ppi, how do i find the original?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you got the scans on a cd from the lab make sure you copied over the "Hi-Res" scans, as mine come back with Hi and Lo res files.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skida wrote:
If you got the scans on a cd from the lab make sure you copied over the "Hi-Res" scans, as mine come back with Hi and Lo res files.
unfortunately its a small place so they definitely only put one set on there Sad