Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Flektogon 4/20 Aus Jena (Carl Zeiss) M42 # 6895194 [orio]
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:33 am    Post subject: Flektogon 4/20 Aus Jena (Carl Zeiss) M42 # 6895194 [orio] Reply with quote

For sale this Flektogon 4/20 by Carl Zeiss Jena.
Serial number: 6895194
M42 mount (adaptable to most digital cameras)
lens released on November 12th, 1964

The "Aus Jena" brand is really Carl Zeiss Jena. "Aus Jena" was the brand name used for export
of the Carl Zeiss Jena lenses into Western Europe, where the other Carl Zeiss factory (based in Oberkochen)
did maintain naming rights.
The "Aus Jena" lenses are the most wanted by Zeiss Jena collectors because the quality control on those lenses
was higher than on the normal production of Jena lenses, due to the fact that the "Aus Jena" lenses were going
to meet the competition of brands like Nikon, Canon, Olympus, Pentax, Minolta in the western market.
This lens for sale here is no exception, and in fact this is the best performing copy I ever had of the Flektogon 4/20
(I used to have 5 different copies of this lens).
I am selling this copy because I want to keep the Zebra copy for sentimental reason.

This copy is in quite used aesthetical condition. There are some missing pieces of bakelite on the focusing ring,
and the bototm of the barrel shows a lot of use signs. The front of the lens however is still looking beautiful.
Optically, the glasses are in perfect condition, and there is only very few internal dust, practically invisible.
Mechanically, the lens is in full working order.

The lens comes with both front cap and rear cap.

Due to the external wear, I apply a very low price of 150 Euros
(normally the lens in excellent condition ranges from 200 to 250 Euros)
Don't forget that the glasses are perfect! If you don't mind the looks, you can get a terrific performance lens for a very low price!

The Flektogon 4/20 is famous for the very low distortion, so much that it has become a favourite of architects
and several Nikon and Canon photographers in the past have converted this lens for use with their cameras.
An independent test has shown that the Flektogon 4/20 beats even the Distagon 2.8/21 when it comes to control of distortion!

The price of 150 Euros must be additioned with the shipping cost (ask a quote for your destination)
For payment, bank transfer is preferred, but Paypal is also accepted, however with Paypal the total price (lens+shipping)
will be additioned of 4% as compensation for Paypal charges.

All questions welcome.
Here's some photos of the lens (I give you my word that the rear of the lens looks much better than what it shows
from this photo, where the artificial lighting has enhanced every microscopical dust and signs:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am interested, but some questions first.
How is its sharpness compared with zebra?
Also can You send some samples please.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tolmuaff wrote:
I am interested, but some questions first.
How is its sharpness compared with zebra?
Also can You send some samples please.

This copy I am selling now is sharper than my zebra copy.
Here's a couple of samples with 100% crops:

#1 wide open (whole)

#2 wide open (100% crop)

#3 f/8 (whole)

#4 f/8 (100% crop)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I like it.
I sent You private message.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reserved to Tolmuaff, pending payment.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paid.