Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Flektogon 35/2.4 MC vs. Elmarit-R 2.8/35
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Flektogon 35/2.4 MC vs. Elmarit-R 2.8/35 Reply with quote

Hi, finaly got the Leica-R eos adapter to play with.

Here is a left edge midle 100% crop from a Canon 40D, focus cca. 50cm
Compared the Flektogon 35/2.4 MC vs. Elmarit-R 2.8/35 (2nd late series 2660000).

The result is quite bad for the flek, will try to get a second copy to test.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like a Friday afternoon lens or one that has been opened by a butcher.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
That looks like a Friday afternoon lens or one that has been opened by a butcher.

..indeed! do you or maybe someelso have a 100% edge crop from a fully open 2.4/35 flek at hand - so can start Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got a good copy now, sorry for the 'test' here is the full open pix. much better the flek. the 'gloom' fully open is much more pronouced with the flek

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a picture of my lcd with my primary Flek 35/2.4 and it sure looks more like the Elmarit than the Fleks you tested Wink

Of course it is rather unscientific as I have a different monitor, different LCD and different camera, but, I'd say that this Flek you tested is maybe not a a monday copy, but perhaps a friday copy Wink

My second Flek on the other hand is somewhere inbetween the two copies you tested, but it does have quite a few scratches in the last element - anyone got a spare element to donate/sell to me?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This shows the problem of this normally very fine lens.
When buying a Flek 2.4/35 you can get an excellent copy or an absolute dog!
The dispersion is enormous.

Whereas an Elmarit will most probably a very good lens (if it is in a good condition, of course!).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sending the 1st (quite bad) copy to the 'best' service guy in Slovakia now, should be back in 2 weeks, lets see if it's a bad assebly issue, or screwed up piece in general. had this thing also with the Pancolar 1.8/50 MC, had 4 pieces of which all were quite different regarding sharpness and gloom fully open (all in very good shape). The best was the 'electric' version, also the better flek of the 2 tested is an 'electric' version. Didn't observe this variation in older Carl Zeiss Jena lenses - the zebra or all aluminium.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the cause of various glow on different Pancolar copies is caused by different coating.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have two 2.4/35 Fleks (both MC, one of them was "Aus Jena electric") and both were weak at edges wide open.
Then of course copy variation has an influence.
But I think it's safe to say that the 2.4/35 Flek is not a lens designed to be performing at the edges wide open.
Then of course it has other qualities like close up focusing capability, affordable price, very good sharpness from f/4 on.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no-X wrote:
I think the cause of various glow on different Pancolar copies is caused by different coating.

..thats quite probable, makes all MC of CZJ unique (: