Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First decent shot with my 55 yr old CZJ Tessar!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: First decent shot with my 55 yr old CZJ Tessar! Reply with quote

Taken on my Pentax KX , and of course it has POWER LINES in it, gah! I cannot win!!

This is taken through a car window after the sun went down, the blue sky gave her a beautiful cobalt blue tint, and using manual focus let me focus on her and not the glass

I dont know what to think of the tessar yet, but its pretty neat as a mechanical object, as a lens, we shall see.....

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great capture! I have many Tessars I just love them , no exception. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW !! Shocked
This is a magical picture !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doesn't even look like a photo, more like an airbrushed illustration.
Great work !!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys

if I knew how to do better Post processing, Id clone or clean up the bottom left corner and remove those damn power lines!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful candid!
My first impression was that you forgot the camera set to tungsten.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Removing the power lines would not be difficult but it would spoil the image in my opinion.
With the lines in, it reveals itself for what it is: a beautiful snapshot.
Without the lines, it would look like the postwork of a normal photo, and actually a normal photo postworked would look cleaner.
But everyone can make a postwork of a normal photo, while this capture, it's only you who could make it. It's unique.

One thing I would clone out instead are the sensor dust blotches.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Orio

you are the 3rd person tonight to say that this has a unique look to it

re: sensor dust, its actually on the lens, I was so excited I forgot to clean it before I used it Smile who knew that a lens 50+ years old would have dirt on it! Thats my first task tomorrow AM

to the person who mentioned Tungsten WB, I have done that before actually, and the picture came out better!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great catch! I won't remove the power lines, because they add more to the story.... because they are smeared, you can feel the movement. Without them, the photo will look more static.