Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Finally won a Yashica Lynx 14
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathmandu wrote:
Katastrofo wrote:
Katmandu, looking forward to your pictures and thanks for the big grins, yes, I was the
one that paid a nice price for it! Laughing

I think its worth it, the glass is very intimidating looking and heavy-especially if it works.I got my second one for 60 bucks + shipping . Very Happy

Very nice price, I paid more than double!Embarassed Yes, the camera is heavy with that lens, close to 2 lbs?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are mine, including the salvaged lens - and a little Photoshop:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, I love your camera p0rn! Smile The 3rd lens, do you have plans to fit it to a NEX or
some other camera?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Nice, I love your camera p0rn! Smile The 3rd lens, do you have plans to fit it to a NEX or
some other camera?

Thank you, I enjoy Photoshop. It could go on a mirrorless camera with accomodating "register distance", without too much hoola boola-I have muted(disabled) the shutter, where it has a shutterless smooth aperture. It would of course mean customizing the proposed mount -so it would work and look like a professional job.
I dont have a mirrorless yet , but would be swank to get one down the line, just to use the plethora of Exakta lenses I have accumulated. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love to see a picture of that Yashinon mounted to a NEX or similar! Cool

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Ron, thanks, and congrats on winning a 1V! Looks in great shape, too. I just won
for $20 a Yashica Lynx 5000 (go figure):

Click here to see on Ebay

Awhile ago I got two EOS 1Ns for $100 each with grips, here's one with the cheapo 50:

Have an extra grip that uses dual power source.

Hope to see some of your results with the 1V!

WOW!!! What a deal on the 1N's. The grips sell for more than you paid for the cameras plus they are a very nice camera. You must be like Attila and the camera warehouse. My wife accuses me of the same.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Would love to see a picture of that Yashinon mounted to a NEX or similar! Cool

That 1.4 Yashinon is quite big and heavy for Nex.
Here it is in the middle next to the silver Jupiter 8, so you can get an idea about the size.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stefan, I see what you mean, that is a beast of a lens! Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron, the EOS 1N's deal help compensate for the Lynx 14. Laughing May sell the dual voltage grip and
keep the two HS grips that use 8 AAs.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had one for a while but just couldn't quite get along with the viewfinder/ranger. probably just me. i picked up a yashica lynx-1000 today that seems to be a good shape except for a loose rangefinder window. best wishes with the 14. it has a HUGE lens ... Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Paul, hoping to do some low light pictures with it, will see.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been awhile since I've posted here on MF Lenses. I have a Lynx14 that I got off of eBay for $10 ..With shipping a whopping $18.44 total... No shots to share though as I still have to replace the seals & fix the rangefinder patch but the meter seems to be fine as well as the rest of the camera...I just recently won a Vivitar 35 ES rangefinder for $40 (free shipping) & other than the seals, it also is in fine shape. I'll be retiring come the end of June & at that time I'll have much more time to tackle some of the projects I've been putting off...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Scott, don't be a stranger! Smile

The weirdest thing has happened. I sent this camera back to the seller because of a flat spot on the lens (couldn't mount a hood or
filter), got my refund, but now the package is at the post office with $9.79 due. Guess I have the Lynx 14 after all. Will have to see
about rounding out that lens ring, hummm. I wonder if he would have to pay VAT to get the camera back, and just left it at the post
office? Curious.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screamin Scott wrote:
..I just recently won a Vivitar 35 ES rangefinder for $40 (free shipping) & other than the seals, it also is in fine shape. I'll be retiring come the end of June & at that time I'll have much more time to tackle some of the projects I've been putting off...

Wow, Scott, helluva nice deal on the Viv 35ES! Congrats on your retirement!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I collected the camera from the post office today:

Looks like it had a hard life for 2 and 1/2 months.

Charg sticker from customs

flat spot in lens ring, this, plus having to do new light seals, floppy/loose rewind crank, is why I sent this back to him

rawhide mallet and piece of drum stick cut down for rounding out ring

rounded, now hood can be attached

wrapped some electricians tape around knurled knob, will see if it simply needs some straightening for a better job

Light seals go in tomorrow, haven't checked battery compartment or if meter works, have to remember to bring in two hearing aid
batteries. I now have close to $60 in this camera, hope it works.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work Bill!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Nice work Bill!

Orio, thanks, I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Smile

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few from the first roll, expired KG400 (10/96) metered at 320 with Gossen Digisix. I have a blister pack of
hearing aid batts, somewhere. Embarassed

infinity

Replaced light seals and hope to check the meter when I find the batteries

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that lens does better with color than black and white ...

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish4570 wrote:
i think that lens does better with color than black and white ...

Really? Durn. I was hoping it would do great with B&W, especially with that big fast lens for
low light sitches.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zhikang wrote:
hey guys... I was wondering if anyone here would want a Lynx 14 in great condition.

Zhikang,sales strickly at marketplace post again there.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice cam , Bill , and the results also ! I'd like to see more

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teo, thanks, have to remember to put it in the queue. Right now I'm testing the Contax 137MD (ordered the red
and navy blue covers for both my 137s).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friend of mine lend me one too to try it , I have no battery also. I will try it out as full manual camera. I did like color picture it has nice character.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may take it up to Green Mountain, Tuesday, but am already loaded down. Smile

Want to shoot some Reala thru the Super Isolette and Weltaflex.