Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Film emulation for LR4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Film emulation for LR4 Reply with quote

http://x-equals.com/blog/29-99-xelcolor-film-emulations/

What do you think of this plug-in?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Film emulation for LR4 Reply with quote

stingOM wrote:

Wasted money. There is nothing better or different than what you can find in free presets that you find available around the internet.
Besides, if I want my images to look like film, I use film. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Film emulation for LR4 Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
stingOM wrote:

Wasted money. There is nothing better or different than what you can find in free presets that you find available around the internet.
Besides, if I want my images to look like film, I use film. Rolling Eyes

You are right Orio. However, some times it is a lazy man's way to get a particular "film" look in digital format. I guess it will never look like the real thing! Very Happy

Here's a bundle of free presets:
http://www.chethstudios.net/2011/02/ultimate-collection-of-best-adobe.html

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those presets are a nice toy. But I wouldn't pay money for it.
They are not important enough for me. Wink

An easy way to film emulation is the VirtualPhotographer.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have many of these presets for LR3. They used to be free and called LIDF (life in digital film). The presets are good, I like them. Would I pay 30 quid to get them all in one package for LR4? Probably not, but I wouldn't pay for many things...