Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Film carriers for whole 36x roles?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Film carriers for whole 36x roles? Reply with quote

Hi!
I'm looking for a better carrier for my digitalisation(-with DSLR) setup, I already have one from a continous film holder from an Epson scanner but it's not very good.
Does anybody know where to get film holders/carriers which are designed to print a whole role very fast?
I already thought about modifing a 35mm camera or projector but I think native carriers for whole roles will be easier to use.

Any ideas?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even know if they exist.
Reflecta RPS 7200 can scan a whole roll strip, but precisely for this reason it does not use holders, you have the film hanging loosely from the sides (which is the reason why I did not buy that scanner model).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A modified motorized camera body perhaps best idea , with motor get next frame is fast and convince.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is just for preview/contact sheet purposes, put the whole roll between two sheets of glass as you would for a contact, then shoot it on a light table.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Nikon had something that attached to the front of a slide duplicator set up. It seems like it could be easy to build your own device.