Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Few Venice pics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: Few Venice pics Reply with quote

Hi,

back from my trip to Italy here 2 shots with an AF lens - Nikkor D 2.8-4.0/24-85mm and D700.

Thanks for viewing and comments.

Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice ones, especially second one what I like very much.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fantastic color #2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you have a few more?? Very Happy I like the silhouetted boats,The lens handled the sun well... and the cheekiness of the second.. Cool

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
I hope you have a few more?? Very Happy I like the silhouetted boats,The lens handled the sun well... and the cheekiness of the second.. Cool

+1 more please ...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your friendly comments.

Ok, here 3 other images. # 1 and #2 with AF lens too, #3 with Nikkor 2.5/105mm Ai.

Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty amazing you could take this type of images at December Shocked

Nice classic Venice images.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Winter is the perfect season for Venice landscape, in my opinion.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Attila wrote:

Winter is the perfect season for Venice landscape, in my opinion.

I thought cloudy and foggy winter there.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

I thought cloudy and foggy winter there.

Yes, but you have sunny days too, especially in January-February. But, even if you're unlucky with sun, the fog and rain can really look magic in Venice Wink
Another advantage of Winter in Venice is that the sun is always low on the horizon. This means you can have it in the frame at all times of the day, which works great with the lagoon photographs.
Also, you have a sweet light for photographs all day, while in the summer, you need to wait for morning or for evening to have a sweet light, because in the mid-day light is harsh. And if you go there with your woman, or a model, in the winter you have perfect portrait lighting all day.
Finally, low sun means longer shadows, which help with 3D effect with buildings, gondolas, et c. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! I can't believe I can take out Christina at winter from warm room Smile but good to know this is perfect season there.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Thank you! I can't believe I can take out Christina at winter from warm room Smile

Laughing

the first two photos by Rolf illustrate perfectly what I mean when I say it's good to have low sunlight for lagoon photos.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice December pictures, my favorite is second picture of your 2nd post.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truly worth the wait Rolf, thanks for posting the extra images.The 1st and last in the 2nd set ...lovely just lovely.
Thanks Orio for the light explanation...you may have just bumped up the tourists in Venice for this time of year... Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:

Thanks Orio for the light explanation...you may have just bumped up the tourists in Venice for this time of year... Laughing

Laughing
Another advantage of Venice in the winter: less crowd. Let's keep it that way Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

Another advantage of Venice in the winter: less crowd. Let's keep it that way Laughing

Significant advantage Laughing

Italy can be very crowd at summer.