Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Few shots from Kodak Ektar100 (beta version)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Few shots from Kodak Ektar100 (beta version) Reply with quote

as i promised, here you have few shots from Ektar100. All is terrible, because i dont have film scanner right now and Kodak Lab makes digital prints (i choose 15x10cm) with TERRIBLE quality (visible raster, all photos have too much blue, definitely artificial problem with prints) and not even one is sharp. So right now i want present to you beatiful colors (ignore blue, please Smile) from Ektar and i believe that Kodak is right with "world finest grain" slogan. you can find on pictures little "unsharp mask" effects, it was the only way to not have terribly smoothed scans. In two weeks i might have scans from film scanner.

1. Rokkor-X 50/1,7

2. yes, peoples live there

3. Czech Republic have best tourist navigation in the world Smile

4. friend trying macro + helios 58/2,0

5. ... and jupiter 135/3,5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for these previews!
I am very interested in this film. I have been a Ektar 25 user in the past.
I see nothing really wrong with the sharpness in the samples.
The blue cast is really strong, I have tried to slightly rebalance one of your shots in Photoshop:

For sure with some proper lab treatment the film looks really promising!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for sharing your experience!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I see nothing really wrong with the sharpness in the samples.

its because unsharp mask i used. and thanks for photoshoping, i'll waitt untill my brother scans this on film scanner.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is few quick scans (unfortunately without any pre-processing in scanner software), as i promised.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These last three are dynamite! VERY nice scans, looks like Ektar 100 is very compatible with scanning. The color is tremendous, and I don't see any "grain". Nice.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Laurence, here is the best quality which i can get from actual scan, just for you and your interest in ektar Smile.