Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

FED 50mm f3.5 L39 collapsible Leica Elmar clone
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: FED 50mm f3.5 L39 collapsible Leica Elmar clone Reply with quote

I bought also today this lens, it has low serial number 782 and looks even title alphabets are hand made. First I thought this is pre-war lens due low serial number , but focal length read in mm not cm so I confused. Any info ?

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be the Industar 3.5/50 Elmar clone.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the model name, Industar-22 :

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/895883-WTSell-Lens-Industar-Industar-22-Retractable-Lens-Leica-Elmar-Clone

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I have Industar-22 , this lens is different it has shorter tube 5mm less long.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like an Industar 10.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
Looks like an Industar 10.

Thank you! Now easier to find something about this lens.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just bought one for $20 usd to use as tiny walk around with ep2. not much bigger than a lens cap when folded! gave pleasant results, better than expected for the price, but nothing spectacular. im sure you will enjoy it.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Industar-22 is a stunning lens today I bought another one. I think they have copy variant issues as almost all Eastern European lenses , they made in mass products and some of them better than others. Let we see my FED perhaps just an average good one too.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All these lenses (including Leica's Elmar Twisted Evil ) are really Tessar clones, so I expect them to perform the same: a bit soft with great bokeh wide open, super sharp stopped down around f/8

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
All these lenses (including Leica's Elmar Twisted Evil ) are really Tessar clones, so I expect them to perform the same: a bit soft with great bokeh wide open, super sharp stopped down around f/8

+1 this is my experience with them too.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elmar 2,8/50 M is better than any tessar 50 mm lens (of the past and of the future). Wink

All the leicas lenses of the old style are soft wide open. Actually almost any lens of any brand are that. Best aperture (in common with all the tessar lenses) of the 50 mm lenses are the F/11-16.

The Elmar 2,8/50 has a very good center at F/8 too, but the corners are sharpest at F/ 11-16.

Rino.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
Elmar 2,8/50 M is better than any tessar 50 mm lens (of the past and of the future). Wink

All the leicas lenses of the old style are soft wide open. Actually almost any lens of any brand are that. Best aperture (in common with all the tessar lenses) of the 50 mm lenses are the F/11-16.

The Elmar 2,8/50 has a very good center at F/8 too, but the corners are sharpest at F/ 11-16.

Rino.

You will get great surprise I think Rino if you compare them side by side how big price tag difference and how little the real difference.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
estudleon wrote:

Rino.

You will get great surprise I think Rino if you compare them side by side how big price tag difference and how little the real difference.

Wirhout doubts, Attila. It was a joke, because I like the leica M lenses a lot. No more than this. Laughing

Rino

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay Smile

Here result with this lens.

http://forum.mflenses.com/fed-50mm-f3-5-l39-collapsible-leica-elmar-clone-early-t39005.html

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done!!!!

Nice pics, with neutral colors and contrast. Very pictorial points of view.

Real good lens.

Thanks Attila.

Rino