Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Factory stones...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:34 am    Post subject: Factory stones... Reply with quote

Summicron35 - HP5 Rodinal
Any comment is welcome...

By riccardox at 2009-11-08

By riccardox at 2009-11-08

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both are excellent comps with good exposures, but really like the 2nd for the superb detail and textures!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice rendering in #2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer the grey tones in #1 instead - although if this was a print, I'd say you should burn a bit the wall.
(doing scan I suppose you could scan a second image at lower exposure and use the wall from there)

In #2 contrast is too high for my liking, you lose a lot of texture in the highlights of the stone

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First... tanks all for the comments...

Orio wrote:
...doing scan I suppose you could scan a second image at lower exposure and use the wall from there...

Many things is possible to do... with the file... but i do not like to manipolate much...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riccardox wrote:
First... tanks all for the comments...

Orio wrote:
...doing scan I suppose you could scan a second image at lower exposure and use the wall from there...

Many things is possible to do... with the file... but i do not like to manipolate much...

yes, I think the same.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great tonal and detail rendition. I like the texture in #2.

Cheers, Marty.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou Marty...