Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Eskmeals, Cumbria, UK
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Eskmeals, Cumbria, UK Reply with quote

Eskmeals is just a few miles south of the Sellafield nuclear power plant. It was beautiful today, over 30 degrees - very rare to see folks swimming in the sea to cool off!

These are all with my Fujinon-TV 1.8/75, last three are stitched.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here's some HDR, same lens, some of these are huge images. The boat is made from 72 exposures, the viaduct from 96.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice country, nice pictures

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are all very nice thanks for showing them. You do seem to be having nice weather at the moment...enjoy it and take some more photos of your lovely landscape.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice series, and perfect composition of bridge picture!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys, it was over 30 degrees yesterday, probably the best summer since 1997, so I am trying to make the most of it.

The bridge picture is one that I would not have been able to take at another time, very rare indeed to see the water so smooth, there was not a breath of wind, which is extremely rare here, so the sea was like a mill pond, giving such a nice reflection. Also, the mud flats are usually black, soft and horrid, but yesterday they were baked hard like concrete so I could walk on them and find the right spot, normally I would have to shoot from wherever I could find that wasn't a nasty morass.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots and beautiful landscapes, amazing work with the viaduct.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers. I added the viaduct to Panoromio, so you can check out the area, it is very beautiful:

https://ssl.panoramio.com/photo/93351813

I entered the picture in their monthly contest, so any votes would be much appreciated.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Urgent advice needed for tripod panorama heads!
Great shots, I see no link to vote at the website, sorry,

[]s,

Renato

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem Renato, I couldn't find it either!

All I do is move the head a bit between each one, ensuring plenty of overlap between frames. Nothing more complicated than that, Photoshop does the hard work of stitching.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Ian. As soon as I can I'll get a affordable one to try to make some panorama shots, there is some high points close to our home, hard to get the hole picture framed with one shot.
As soon as I see the damn link at panoramio I'll drop my vote,

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers. Good luck with the panoramics, I find a 135mm lens is good for vistas of mountains and such.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Cheers guys, it was over 30 degrees yesterday, probably the best summer since 1997, so I am trying to make the most of it.

The bridge picture is one that I would not have been able to take at another time, very rare indeed to see the water so smooth, there was not a breath of wind, which is extremely rare here, so the sea was like a mill pond, giving such a nice reflection. Also, the mud flats are usually black, soft and horrid, but yesterday they were baked hard like concrete so I could walk on them and find the right spot, normally I would have to shoot from wherever I could find that wasn't a nasty morass.

Bridge shot is lovely. Perfect pano!

I remember summer 2003 being a scorcher. Up to 37 in the southeast.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Yebisu, yesterday was horrible here, too hot, an oppressive heat.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepes wrote:
nice country, nice pictures

+1