Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ernst Leitz Wetzlar Hektor f=135cm 1:4.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Ernst Leitz Wetzlar Hektor f=135cm 1:4.5 Reply with quote

I got this rangefinder lens a couple of months ago from Andy. Thanks to him I could pay for it a ridiculously low sum.
Here I removed the optical groups from the barrel and applied them to an Asahi M42 bellows mounted on the 50D. The bellows acted as focusing helicoid.
I really love the image rendering of this lens. It's not the sharpest of the bunch, but it renders colours better than any other lens in my roster. The overall image is very pleasing to my eye.
The colours in these samples are not retouched ("normal" 50D colour setting). The photos are hand-held. The subjects are the usual boring balcony shots, but this lens manages to make them look fresh. I really love it and it's also very s3xy looking.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. I was almost forgetting to mention that this lens has ZERO chromatic aberration. Not bad I think for a late 40s, early 50s lens
(Andy has an even older exemplar, a pre-war one).
Canon take note for your next tele lens. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply another proof of the ability of the "old" lenses. I love that you show these, Orio.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another one from the Hektor... this was a difficult one for a single coated lens, but it handled it brilliant in my opinion:

-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The single coated lens shows NO veiling flare that I can see. Shocked

and the COLORS...they seem so fresh...

Nice. VERY nice.