Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ektachrome with P6
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Ektachrome with P6 Reply with quote

This is my first slides ever on middle format so I am totally amazed by that big pictures on that slide film =)
camera Pentacon Six TL
film Kodak Ektachrome E100G
-I don't understand but this film is great. I thought that slides has really small dynamic range due its tonal and light fidelity but this stuff is tolerate. One maybe two stops. I am not sure right now but I shoot this pic #1 underexposed one stop due bad exposure calculating but looks suberb in terms of exposure. Some loss of contrast. I made additional PP mainly because colors.
Second sample no coment. No PP. Correct exposure... make your own opinion. Like to hear it =)
Only one thing! I hate that fast scanning at "my" lab. Lot of dust and dirt - awaiting lot of retouch work. I need to find better lab for 6x6 format scan. I might save up some money on film scanner if I want to see serious results from my work.
With lens Biometar 80/2.8 both - full aperture.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I much prefer the results you obtained with negative film.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I much prefer the results you obtained with negative film.

Thanks for comment.

Maybe I am too much fascinated from middle format.

Adding one extra.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful picture, full of mood.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Orio. It's not the film, though. I think the top one has lens flare and the second one would have benefited from a white reflector to throw a little light back on the dark side of her face.

Medium format is great, don't give up on it Smile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulC wrote:
I agree with Orio. It's not the film, though. I think the top one has lens flare and the second one would have benefited from a white reflector to throw a little light back on the dark side of her face.

Medium format is great, don't give up on it Smile

This format is something different I know. Still need to learn how to work with it. Another step is behind me. It is not long ago I bought Sonnar 180/2.8 which I tested. Cross fingers guys and I try to better myself Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the second shot in the first post and this last square comp a whole
bunch. Congrats! Smile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just thought, you could adjust the shadow detail in her face in the scanning, then selectively reduce the background detail in photoshop (new layer, lasoo around her as a selection, invert the selection, feather about 50 or 60 pixels, adjust the exposure and then flatten the image when it looks right.

But then I suppose I have become unusually proficient with photoshop over the years.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
I like the second shot in the first post and this last square comp a whole
bunch. Congrats! Smile

Thanks Katastrofo =)

PaulC wrote:
I just thought, you could adjust the shadow detail in her face in the scanning, then selectively reduce the background detail in photoshop (new layer, lasoo around her as a selection, invert the selection, feather about 50 or 60 pixels, adjust the exposure and then flatten the image when it looks right.

But then I suppose I have become unusually proficient with photoshop over the years.

I am not such good at PP and neither at PS. Own scanner would solve many of my problems but looks like until I find some another lab for this purpose I will suffer Very Happy
Cannot obtain one at this moment =/

I wanted find some lab in middle Europe where I can post slides for scanning but I duno such place. Maybe somebody have advice (?).