Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Do you use AF lenses?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, black sheep Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, Attila, now you can inform Naplam on the taxes that we have here for users who exceed the 49% limit of use of AF lenses. Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
OK, Attila, now you can inform Naplam on the taxes that we have here for users who exceed the 49% limit of use of AF lenses. Laughing

Oh, bloody hell. I also have admitted a 50% usage. Embarassed Wink Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Orio wrote:

Oh, bloody hell. I also have admitted a 50% usage. Embarassed Wink Laughing

Yes, so your 50% AF tax bill be in the form of a CZJ Flektogon 2.8/20 while naplam's bill for 99% AF is a Biotar 1.5/75.... Laughing

Rebates are pro rata, based on the size, or lack of it, of a user's existing MF lens collection. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? A Flek 2.8/20 for one bloody percent? Shocked

Time for a new government, I guess! Laughing Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or time to move to Switzerland...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Do you use AF lenses? Reply with quote

Juanma wrote:
do you also use AF lenses?
Which kind of lenses do you use more? MF or AF?
Can you say an aproximate percentage of use?

No, I don't. I have got one AF lens, the 350D kit lens, but only because I got the kit cheaper from a sale. I've taken maybe half a dozen photos with that lens so I'd say I'm a strictly MF or fixed focus user. If AF works, it is just plain boring, and if it doesn't, you just wonder what fit of madness made you waste your money on it.

Veijo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nelson wrote:

When i need to travel light, i take my Sigma 70-300 APO.

When I need to travel light, I take my Schneider-Kreuznach 2.9/50 Radionar -- it weighs something like 60 g Cool .

Veijo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go, Veijo!! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Several (perhaps 1/3) of my MF shots are ooF, and about 1/4 so much that they are not usable.

Wow, that's a relief for me. I thought that all of you could focus manually without (much) problems. Now I feel a bit better. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Several (perhaps 1/3) of my MF shots are ooF, and about 1/4 so much that they are not usable.

Wow, that's a relief for me. I thought that all of you could focus manually without (much) problems. Now I feel a bit better. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is not easy to capture my "hurricane kids" manually... Confused
My AF-lenses are definitely quicker than my manual focussing.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have less AF lenses now than when I joined this forum!

Recent holiday to Germany - looks like 35% MF but only because travel restrictions meant I couldn't take everything I wanted with me. I missed my Nikkor 300mm f4.5 ED for example... The good news is that I came back with a Vivitar 24mm...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puplet wrote:
The good news is that I came back with a Vivitar 24mm...

Laughing Good! Very Happy

Next time you (or anybody else here) come to Germany, please tell me where you're going. Perhaps we can meet...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have AF-lenses too:

- Tamron super-zoom 18-250 for the Pentax DS
(family snapshots, summer hiking)

- Sigma 12-24 for the DS (I cannot get such an angle with any manual-focus lens - since it's a full-frame lens I can use it on my film-slr too)

- Tamron 70-300 DI for the DS (got it too cheap to pass - before I got the 18-250)

- Pentax FA 1.4/50 (don't know if it will stay with me since I just got the Zeiss Planar 1.4/50 ZK with K-mount...)

and for my Oly E-1
-14-54 (for it's a sealed lens ! very versatile)

Besides I have a range of manual
- Tamron-lenses that I enjoy and I have a couple of adaptor-rings...
- Pentax lenses from 35 - 135 mm
- M42-lenses (just cannot list them up totally, 16mm - 135 mm)
- manual lenses for K-mount from 3rd-party manufacturers - just to try them: Just got a Vivitar Series I 100-500 mm !)
- Olympus OM 1.8/50
- Rollei 50/85/135
- Zeiss C/Y-mount 28/50/135
Don't know if the Rollei-lenses will stay here - no adaptor for K-mount available and got no adaptor for FT-mount (contrary to the C/Y-lenses)

Hoping that my wife doesn't see this list....
Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one AF lens, the Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D. While the build quality isn't as good as the older AI and AI-S lenses, the optics are AND the lens is lighter and has a reasonably usable MF ring, so I often use it as a manual lens on my Nikon FG when I'm "shooting light"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use my two Pentax AF lenses quite a bit and like them but as someone else said when I have time I use the MF ,particularly my Pentacons, and always carry at least 2 MF lenses about. Suppose I would use the MF gear about 60% of the time, I feel I get more satisfaction from it especially when I use the K100d, something to do with making old classic gear work with the new I suppose

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

Next time you (or anybody else here) come to Germany, please tell me where you're going. Perhaps we can meet...

I will be in Nuremberg in August.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisLilley wrote:
LucisPictor wrote:

Chris, this is about 3 1/2 hrs of driving from my place. Hmmm... not really close, but not too far away either.
It depends on the date you're travelling... (holidays).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is AF lens ?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
What is AF lens ?

I think it's a new video game where you must align the target with some flashing led in the collimator and pray to get some decent shot
Kids that play to much this game see only the flashing led, forget to compose and usually get limited to point & shot first level.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
ChrisLilley wrote:
LucisPictor wrote:

Chris, this is about 3 1/2 hrs of driving from my place. Hmmm... not really close, but not too far away either.
It depends on the date you're travelling... (holidays).

Yes - you asked about 'Germany' and also wikipedia (English version) has no entry on Oberhessen so I wasn't sure where it was.

I now know where it is, having looked at German wikipedia. I think. A bit north of Frankfurt am Main?

Or to put it in terms my ancient history oriented mind can understand, slightly west of the Rhaeto-German limes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
Attila wrote:
What is AF lens ?

I think it's a new video game where you must align the target with some flashing led in the collimator and pray to get some decent shot
Kids that play to much this game see only the flashing led, forget to compose and usually get limited to point & shot first level.

Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Chris: There is no entry since this is an area name that is hardly in official use. But you guessed rightly, the place where I live is about one hour to the north from Frankfurt by car.